Dir-Marketing, JW Chongqing(new hotel)
Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-Asia/Pacif/Australia Region
Shapes and executes an overall marketing strategy. Communicates this strategy to the marketing team and other business units. Coordinates with sales management in order to ensure alignment of marketing and sales strategies. Evaluates past programs/events and develops new programs in order to generate tours and meet or exceed goals. Participates in the performance management, coaching, recruiting, and selection of the marketing workforce, and develops compensation plans that will maximize productivity.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience; minimum 2 years experience in a similar position
- Proficiency in reading and writing English (additional language required for certain positions)
Successful Candidates Will Be Willing To:
- Work in close contact with the general public in sales and marketing situations that require strong communication and customer service skills
- Openness to adapt to different cultural contexts based on location
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as required by business needs
JOB SPECIFIC TASKS
Developing & Executing Marketing Strategy
- Develop and implement strategic plans to include budget considerations, site goals, and forecasts for appropriate activities.
- Ensure that pricing and communications regarding previews are consistent across all channels.
- Develop tour generation program initiatives, including but not limited to owner referral and reload programs, off-site locations, and travel partner promotions.
- Collect and analyze competitive intelligence (e.g., marketing programs/campaigns) to assist in the enhancement and development of current and future marketing strategy.
- Responsible for managing and implementing appropriate marketing mix to ensure attainment of overall marketing costs.
Managing Tour Flow & Guest Experience
- Manage the sales floor to ensure guest tour flow is efficient and conducive to sales presentation discussions and purchase deliberations.
- Manage activation process from site's perspective (own and resolve challenges as they arise).
- Monitor guest experience survey data, publish results for associate review, and follow up as appropriate.
Developing Programs for Generating Traffic Flow/Business
- Coordinate with marketing operations and other site marketing programs on new initiatives to increase production in channels.
- Develop strategies and incentive programs to meet or exceed budgeted numbers.
- Identify trends when production is not meeting budget expectations and implement solutions.
- Conduct performance and cost analysis of past programs/events (including budget considerations and contractual provisions) and make recommendations to improve and enhance future programs/events.
Maintaining, Analyzing, & Communicating Key Reports
- Use reports on individual and team production performance (e.g., Confirmations-Experiences per guest, volume-per-guest [VPG], close rate, employee satisfaction, Regional Customer Experience Report, Site Daily Flash).
- Conduct competitive market analysis (e.g., cost per tour, development plans, and marketing cost by channel and effort).
- Monitor Budget versus Actual Results (BUVARS) by department and channel and prepare summaries of results for management (e.g., site, regional, and sales and marketing leadership).
- Monitor reports across channels to determine focus for generating tours.
Managing External Relationships
- Negotiate contracts and work with vendors.
Managing Relationships External to Marketing
- Discuss action plans with the sales department to ensure that vendor partnerships will help drive sales.
- Build and maintain relationships between sales management and the marketing department to ensure there is a clear understanding of eligibility requirements or details of participation for generating tours.
- Share marketing information and strategy with sales force.
- Coordinate closely with sales management on process for addressing guest eligibility issues, tracking and discussing related trends.
- Build partnerships with resort operations, hotel linkage, OPC vendors, etc, where applicable.
- Coordinate and prepare with Director of Sales quarterly business objectives.
Managing & Developing the Sales & Marketing Workforce
- Prepare for and conduct team meetings.
- Measure the performance of marketing executives/team leaders against goals and hold them accountable.
- Provide one-on-one coaching and mentoring to team associates.
- Reward and recognize associate performance (e.g., way-to-go letters, personal bests, top three per channel, top VPG, attendance, special contribution, top three total packages).
- Motivate associates to increase production and performance (e.g., through contests, Special Performance Incentive Funds [SPIFs], motivational e-letters).
- Observe and identify associate areas of strength and development opportunities (e.g., through ride-alongs, shadowing, monitoring).
- Develop and/or update sales training manuals and sales process enhancements (e.g., Eagle Flight Plans, Resource Guides).
- Conduct formal performance reviews and use this information to create individual development plans, career paths, and promotion development plans.
- Manage associate performance, developing performance plans for associates below expectation (progressive discipline).
- Identify and respond to the needs/questions/issues (both work and non-work related) brought forth by team associates.
- Mediate conflict in and between teams (e.g., within marketing teams, between marketing and sales teams).
- Provide guidelines for empowering associates to make decisions regarding guest experience and service issues.
- Deliver and coordinate various training programs.
- Develop and review policies and procedures pertaining to work flow, lead distribution, reward, recognition, and discipline.
- Create an awareness and understanding of policies and procedures for conducting business (e.g., Flight Plans, Local Standard Operating Procedures).
- Participate in recruiting (e.g., make internal announcements to managers in order to generate referrals, monitor online and print ads, respond to calls and emails from potential applicants).
- Participate in selection processes (e.g., interviewing).
- Develop compensation plans for marketing teams that maximize production.
Contributing to the Management of the Enterprise
- Understand and abide by state and federal regulations around marketing activity (e.g., state marketing matrix, national Do Not Call registry [DNC]).
- Update plans and actions to prepare for management meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Corporate Communications
- Cost Analysis
- Customer Service
- Direct Marketing
- Guest Experience
- Market Research
- Sales Management