Location: CHN-China-Hong Kong-The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong Kowloon
Responsible for the management of all aspects of Concierge functions in accordance with hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains a concierge service and management philosophy that serves as a guide to respective staff. Responsible for developing and maintaining the acknowledgment and service of all guests visiting the location. Ensures all departments are aware of all guests’ needs and information prior to arrival that will lead to a unique, memorable and personal stay.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or related major; 1 year experience in the guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Maintaining Concierge Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Keeps concierge team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
• Establishes an effective database to be used by all team members for restaurant and local attractions.
• Establishes relationships with local attractions, restaurants and other businesses to enhance guests’ experiences.
• Provides recommendations and arranges services for guests as requested (e.g., car rental, airline and train tickets, office services, beauty and barber services, baby sitting, repairs, shopping).
• Maintains awareness of cultural differences needed to meet guest's specific needs and requirements.
• Provides check-in and check-out services and handles reservations when needed.
• Maintains knowledge of rooms and their locations, services and facilities of the hotel.
• Ensures repeat and VIP guests are receiving appropriate service and ensures their requests are carried out.
• Responds to emergency situations using appropriate procedures.
• Maintains awareness of daily operations and events at the hotel.
• Maintains knowledge of daily house-count, arrivals/departures, VIPs, scheduled in-house group names, background, activities, locations, and times as well as special requests/arrangements
• Complete and communicates employee schedules.
• Provides warm welcome and anticipation of guest needs throughout their stay.
• Inspects grooming and attire of staff and makes recommendations for immediate rectification of any deficiencies.
Managing Concierge Team
• Supervises all activities of concierge team.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Ensures concierge team effectively handles guest requests and adheres to all hotel policies, procedures and standards while striving towards total guest satisfaction.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Ensures concierge team provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
• Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Supports a departmental orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the front of house goals to produce desired results.
- Customer Service