- Application Development
- HTML 5
- Java Servlets
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Object-oriented Design
- Relational Databases
- Software Engineering
- User Experience (UX)
Software Engineer (1.5 years contract)
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
Does change excite you? Do you want to be part of the team that redefines how we get work done? We are changing the way we develop and we want you to be part of it! We are growing our delivery team, with the mandate to power world-class customer and employee experiences through software.
The customer is at the focus of everything we do, and millions of end users rely on our products daily. We believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of the business, which is why we need you.
We are seeking self-motivated engineers, who are obsessed with understanding the business, delivering value, are forward-thinking, and excited to see the successful implementation of the products they deliver for the Wealth and Asset Management business at Manulife. Systems include client-facing websites, mobile apps for financial advisors, portfolio management and asset allocation applications, mutual fund and pension fund performance analytics, factsheet publishing systems and wealth and investment operations automation platforms to name a few.
Successful candidates will be hands-on and part of a talented software development team engaged in development of custom and integrating with vendor applications. Candidates will be engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle (using Agile methodologies) including understanding user stories, software architecture and design, coding, automated testing, tool-chain scripting and DevOps.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working within a rapidly changing startup environment; you love the challenge of working on a small team and being part of a larger movement to change the engineering culture of an enterprise
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, product managers, software engineers, and operations engineers to uncover pain points and opportunities to deliver new business value through software
- Prototype and build new functionality to deliver on key product objectives
- Deliver an exceptional user experience to our customers, through the delivery of products and services with strong and extendable architectural design
- Maintain and support these services, with accountability for production reliability and usage, and the delivery of new functionality
You will bring and continuously build upon the following skills:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in object oriented programming (Java, .NET, GoLang etc).
- Web-based front-end development experience (ReactJS, AngularJS, HTML5, CSS3 etc)
- Solid experience with Design patterns and microservices architecture patterns.
- Solid experience with relational databases such as MS-SQL Server or Oracle
- 1-3+ years of in depth experience with cloud application development and/or NoSQL database driven application development and/or Servlet driven web application development and/or REST service development.
- Strong verbal and written communication with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes across all levels in the organization
Manulife Asset Management (MAM) is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. MAM’s diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the work. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. MAM has investment offices across multiple continents – Asia, North America and Europe. MAM has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients and is a leading global investment management group.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|