- Cash Management
- Fund Accounting
- Lotus Notes
- Process Improvement
- Trade Support
Senior Manager, Middle Office Operations
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
"Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations."
- Knowledgeable of Middle Office/Investment Operations’ policies and procedures, including but not limited to: trade support, cash management, transfer agency, MIS reporting and on-balance fund operations.
- Identify and resolve operational issues promptly.
- Possess good understanding of the MAM-Asia product offerings and clienteles.
- Develop and maintain accurate portfolio information for external clients, investors, brokers, custodial banks and internal portfolio managers.
- Perform day-to-day functions related to trade settlements with timely resolution of issues.
- Seek and recommend workflow process improvements for Management and assist in the creation and implementation of new procedures and controls.
- Build enhanced procedures and controls within the Investment Operations team to ensure consistently high quality services to the front office, clients and other business units.
- Evaluate, recommend and develop best practices and controls and streamline operational processes.
- Manage the relationship with custodian banks and internal/external counterparty such as brokers to monitor the quality of services and ensure good market practices are offered and delivered timely and accurately.
- Collaborate with peers, other business units and functions amongst Asian territories.
- Participate in projects as and when required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business with 5+ years’ experience in the securities industry and/or investment operations; with at least 2+ years’ direct experience working in a Middle Office Operations environment
- Strong communication skills. Ability to understand, analyse, complex situations to derive solutions, articulate to, negotiate and influence business stakeholders
- Encourage and drive changes within a highly dynamic, fluid environment. Comfortable in challenging traditional processes to strive for efficiencies.
- Ability to cross leverage skills among the teams around him/her and work collectively to achieve the best possible outcome.
- Knowledge and experience with trade process/settlement, corporation actions, fund accounting/valuation, investor services support and price control is an advantage
- Common computer skills (Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes) assumed. Business systems (Bloomberg, OMGEO CTM, Portia) preferred.
- Pricing and valuation knowledge preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to research issues where the resolution is not readily apparent
- Good team player with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships across multiple levels and investment / corporate business units
- Computer literacy with common PC applications (i.e. familiarity with Microsoft Office), and experience with portfolio management and accounting systems an advantage