Senior Manager, Cyber Security Risk Management
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
The role of Cyber Security Operations is to provide governance and oversight of security services as well as to investigate and respond to security alerts and incidents. This includes working with GIS, AIRM, BUs, and external providers to ensure the overall effectiveness of the security operations for the Manulife network in Asia.
- Responsibility for the daily management of security services working with vendors or GIS to review security events, ensure appropriate resulting investigation and implementation of remedial action
- Oversee daily operational real-time monitoring and analysis of security
- Threat Management: Proactive and timely threat management for spyware, viruses, worms, spam and malicious code and other vulnerabilities.
- Perform analysis of computer security advisories, vulnerability scans, and cyber intelligence threat reports in order to improve the company IT security.
- Participate as subject matter expert in the identification, containment and remediation of security events and incidents
- Communicate and escalate issues and incidents as required by process or management.
- At least 3 years experience in IT Security/IT Risk/Information Security/Technology Risk
- Understanding of Information Security and Risk Management. Security models and best practices
- Experience in deploying or managing security operations tools (firewall, IDS/IPS, SIEM, vulnerability management, URL filtering, malware defense)
- Security incident management
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
- Asset Allocation
- Computer Security
- Financial Advising
- Information Security
- IT Security
- Risk Management