Senior Manager, Client Services Operations
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
Manulife Asset Management (Hong Kong) is the regional hub in Asia for the Investment Division, inclusive of Middle Office. Hong Kong promotes and ensures best business practices are adhered to by other Asian territories (Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Japan, China and Thailand). The Client Services Operations team is one of the facets within the Middle Office and is responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of new funds and/or portfolios, delivering accurate client reporting and servicing client requests and enquiries via the Relationship Management and/or Sales teams. The team’s duties include but are not limited to handling the documentation of new accounts, ensuring correct system connectivity, implementing the proper operational flow, liaise with other business units, and execute the customized client reporting requirements.
The position reports to the Head Hong Kong Middle Office and is primarily responsible for overseeing the Client Services Operations team.
- Functional team lead for overseeing 3 team members, responsible for staff development, coaching, training, regular assessments and talent management.
- Responsible for Investment Operations related tasks for new fund launches and new client mandates. This includes liaison with Client representatives, Legal & Compliance, Investment Operations teams in Asia and Global offices, Product teams, Investment Teams, Sales & Relationship Management teams, Information Technology teams, external counterparties and custodians to ensure the successful implementation of new affiliate and/or external funds.
- Act as the primary point of contact for all Investment Operations related tasks and inquiries for client mandates and new fund launches and their respective setups. In particular, this role will be a key point of contact for the Distribution and Client Service teams.
- Serve as the primary Investment Operations Representative in all fund feasibility meetings, launch/new client set-up meetings and discussions with internal and external groups
- Ensure the presence of adequate system and/or operational infrastructure for new funds; accurate and timely completion of account setups in the portfolio management, trading, and performance systems
- Provide regular communication to respective investment operations teams (i.e. Middle Office, Client Reporting, Performance & Analysis, Pricing & Data Management, Risk Control), back office, and investment management teams
- Collaborate with the Global teams to lead the implementation of the Global Client Reporting Model and the Global Client/Fund On/Off-Boarding Model for the Asia territories
- Liaise with global and Asian offices to share best practices and establish consistent policies and procedures with global and Asian offices
- Relationship building and management across the Asia Operations team and other business units and upward and downward expectation management
- Contribute to client RFI/RFP/Due diligence documents and presentations
- Coordinate and assist in internal or external audits
- Be responsible and regularly monitor deliverable KPIs
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or finance with at least 8+ years of experience in the securities industry and/or Client On-Boarding or Reporting role
- Possesses people management experience
- Ability to engage with internal and external clients and precisely interpret requirements
- Able to clearly articulate issues in a group setting involving other business units and external vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with internal and external parties
- Direct experience working in an Investment Operations/Client On-Boarding/Pricing environment is a strong advantage
- Possess sound general knowledge of financial markets
- Good understanding of valuation polices and principles
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills, able to multi-task and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines and the flexibility to work in a fast changing environment
- Proven experience influencing and working collaboratively with both clients and vendors
- Ability to set priorities and provide direction in ambiguous situations
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to research issues where the resolution is not readily apparent
- Good team player with strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build relationships across multiple levels and investment / corporate business units
- Computer literacy with common PC applications (i.e. familiarity with Microsoft Office), and experience with portfolio management systems
- Sound understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the various business units that interact in a new fund launch or new client mandate (knowledge of Manulife organisation will be an advantage)
- Good understanding of the current system and operational capabilities (knowledge of Manulife systems and processes will be an advantage)
Manulife Asset Management (MAM) is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. MAM’s diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the work. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. MAM has investment offices across multiple continents – Asia, North America and Europe. MAM has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients and is a leading global investment management group.
- Alternative Investments
- Asset Allocation
- Data Management
- Due Diligence
- External Audit
- Fixed Income
- Investment Management
- Relationship Management