- Alternative Investments
- Asset Allocation
- Due Diligence
- Investment Management
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Portfolio Management
- Relationship Management
- Risk Assessment
Senior Manager, Client Service & Sales Support, Asia
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG001-Lee Garden One, 33 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay
The Senior Manager, Relationship Management, is responsible for client servicing and supporting the institutional business for Manulife Asset Management (Asia).
The candidate is responsible for ensuring a strong and mutually beneficial business relationship with Manulife Asset Management (Asia)’s clients across Asia region.
- Engage with institutional prospects and clients directly, especially focusing on North Asian institutional clients, to enhance working relationships and ensure clients’ needs are met in a timely manner
- Serve as primary day to day contact for all relationship activities, including daily ad-hoc enquiries and in-depth search of information, request for information regarding portfolios and operational related requests
- Work closely with the institutional sales team and portfolio specialists on client related matters
- Prepare for materials required for prospecting and ensure they are in compliant
- Work closely with US Relationship management team to ensure the deliverables and clients’ enquiries are addressed
- Assist in new clients’ on board process, act as main coordinator and arrange with different internal departments.
- Perform KYC on new clients and ongoing KYC and due diligence for existing clients and ensure all clients documentation are properly recorded and saved
- Ensure high quality regular and ad hoc client report to be delivered and respond to client’s enquiries in a timely manner
- Suggest improvements in enhancing work flow and key development plans on institutional client servicing aspects,
- Maintain clients’ information within the CRM database and ensure records are up-to-date in the system. Ensure client documentation and record is updated safe-kept properly.
- Deals with clients directly to identify opportunities and asset sales to cross sell additional mandates and contribute in asset gathering, provide market intelligence to enhance sales flow
- Assist in client events and any other client servicing or marketing activities to strengthen client relationships
- Provide proactive support and communication to prospects & clients with respect to portfolio performance, attributes and provide update as necessary
- Arrange and coordinate client portfolio review meetings to review assigned portfolios, investment guidelines, portfolio objectives and investment process
- Liaise and establish strong relationship with internal teams (Performance team, Operations, Legal & Compliance, Portfolio Management team) to ensure clients’ needs are met
- Assist the Head of Institutional Business & Relationship Management in ad-hoc projects as required
- At least 5-7 years of overall experience in areas of relationship management
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build the trust and confidence of clients, ability to strengthen client relationships through ongoing dialog and interactions, ability to work well with others to accomplish client objectives
- Strong knowledge of financial products, investment management principles, asset allocation, alternative investments, risk assessment and portfolio management techniques.
- Strong negotiation skills, experience to work with all levels of staff within a complex global organization and develop effective working relationships
- University degree with CFA designation is an asset.
- Travel may be required on an ad-hoc basis
- Well-developed prioritization and time management skills; high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, primarily in one-to-one client service communication.
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Good leadership skills and work with minimal supervision and work efficiently
- Demonstrated history of being results-oriented, able to work under pressure, balancing and managing multiple priorities.
Manulife Asset Management (MAM) is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. MAM’s diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the work. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. MAM has investment offices across multiple continents – Asia, North America and Europe. MAM has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients and is a leading global investment management group.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|