- Asset Allocation
- Financial Advising
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Management Reporting
Senior Manager / Associate Director, Project Accounting
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
Responsible for monitoring the whole accounting process of all project related activity, including both capital projects and strategic initiatives to support the full realization of benefits for Manulife strategy.
Responsible for the review of the business case, particularly in validating the financial assumptions, and preparing management reports to support Divisional Investment Review Committee (DIRC) and Strategic PMO.
The candidate will also provide direct support to the Head of Strategic PMO in managing financial reporting process including forecasting, annual budgeting cycle, deliverables based on project schedules, providing support to local PMOs and Controllers on any other ad hoc financial issues.
- Provide meaningful and insightful reporting on project financials to the DIRC, the Strategic PMO and Controllers as required; with the ability to interpret complex financial data to articulate recommendations.
- Establish and maintain reporting for DIRC on both spend and benefit forecasts and actuals at an enterprise level.
- Collect spend data and analysis variances on a monthly basis to understand areas of under/over-spend against budget and coach local PMOs and Controllers in management.
- Partner with project managers, the Strategic PMO and Controllers on key reports and budget status; and Controllers and Tax department for alignment on accounting and tax issues.
- Develop and enhance the project annual planning process and coordinate with Controllers and the Strategic PMO to update forecasts and other periodic projections.
- Review project and business cases to assess, particular in validating financial assumptions, identify areas of improvement and clarification in costing and benefits of individual projects.
- Ensure the outcomes of the benefits tracking are used to inform new business cases and that financial assumptions are standardized across the portfolio which aligned with enterprise roadmap and regional strategy.
- Embed the new project financial recording processes within Finance across Asia, gaining buy in from teams and providing necessary training where required. Work closely with all departments to implement these solutions.
- Actively seek and execute opportunities to improve existing project accounting processes through automation or other means.
- Minimum 5 years of job related experience in a project team environment and at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- University graduate in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Project Management or other equivalent discipline with CPA, CIMA or CFA or related designation.
- PMP or similar project management qualifications and certifications is advantageous.
- Good financial analysis skills to track resources and costs.
- Demonstrated strong analytical, planning, execution and problem solving skills.
- Strategic thinking with visionary paradigm.
- Challenging the status quo and acts a change agent.
- Focus on client needs, foster teamwork and strong collaboration.
- Be able to communicate and summarize complex issues to the audience.
- Self-starter and passionate with can-do attitude.
- Ability to multitask effectively, perform under tight timeframe and cope in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
- Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)
- CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA/CIMA)