Senior Manager / Associate Director, Audit Services Asia
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
This candidate is accountable for planning, directing and completing audit projects (including key risk audits, project risk audits, investigations and other special projects). The candidate is also responsible for the delivery of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based audit services within Asia. While remaining totally independent, the Audit Services function provides added value by working with management at all levels to improve the management of various forms of risk. The function provides a service to senior management and the board of directors by providing reports which assist them in discharging their responsibilities for overseeing the management of risk in Manulife.
- Plan and execute audit projects (including Sarbanes-Oxley Project (aka SOX)) in accordance with Corporate methodology and departmental standards to ensure quality of works completed.
- Oversee/Manage projects within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to AVP.
- Understand and agree with management the risks being managed by business unit.
- Review/Prepare audit reports, including executive summary and rating of adequacy of risk management, making practical and value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations; audits reports are to be clear, concise and well-organized, and issued within departmental service standards.
- Present findings and recommendations to business unit management; reach agreement on appropriate solutions to risk management and operational efficiency issues.
- Utilize technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process.
- Assist business unit management by providing risk management consulting support and risk management education and training.
- Assist with review and decision making process regarding closure of outstanding audit follow up items.
- Manage direct report’s staff performance, expectation, and others. Being able to be the go-to person for coaching and mentoring.
- To effectively communicate with business unit management (to AVP) and staff to present audit findings and recommendations clearly and concisely, reach agreement on appropriate solutions to risk management and operational efficiency issues.
- Prioritization and time management in a multi-tasking environment.
- Need to work overtime to meet internal or external deadlines.
- To analyze operations over a wide diversity of company operations, identify significant risk management issues, and develop practical and value-added recommendations for management implementation exercising sound business judgment.
- Establishing a high level of credibility and maintaining sound business relationships with business unit and department management and staff.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management techniques.
- Good working knowledge of asset management, wealth and insurance business.
- Actuarial experience in valuation, or product development and pricing (good to have).
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels to Assistant Vice President.
- Results oriented; balances multiple priorities and projects.
- Sound business judgment in assessing significance of issues and developing value added recommendations
- Commitment to quality.
- Recognized accounting (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA) or auditing (CIA. CISA), or actuarial (ASA, FSA) professional designation.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
- Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Asset Allocation
- Product Development
- Project Management
- Risk Management