- Asset Allocation
- Asset Management
- Financial Advising
- Life Insurance
- Relationship Management
- Succession Planning
- Talent Management
Senior Manager / Associate Director, Agency Management
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
- Deliver sales and headcount target through active supervision and monitoring of performance, conducting periodic performance review and assessment with agency managers.
- Motivate agents and managers to optimize business by adapting to and leveraging on market and regulatory changes, retain positive atmosphere among agency force.
- Collaborate with business units (IFP, EB, IF) to drive product sales, ensure districts are making good use of the incentive programs sponsored by business units.
- Actively monitor and supervise sales activities and productivity through various measurements and indexes, and impose controls to ensure quality of business and enhance productivity, aligning with company’s objectives.
- Relationship management with agency managers, and manage agency conflicts should they arise.
- Talent management and succession planning.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree holder
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in life insurance industry with 5 years at supervisory level
- Experience in agency sales management, training & development or successful senior management experience in sales & marketing environment
- Demonstrated experience in strategic implementation of agency and distribution strategies
- Good understanding of agency operations & management issues
- Good understanding of insurance product features and pricing design
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and management competency
- Strategic mindset and visionary, able to think beyond status quo
- Good presentation and motivational skills
- Persuasive and able to convey ideas, plus negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to handle conflicts and self motivated in difficult situations
- Good command of English and Chinese, both written and spoken
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of September 2015, we had $888 billion (US$663 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $23 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.