- Business Development
- Relationship Management
Senior Manager, Asia Retirement Strategy
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
The Asia Retirement team provides strategic and operations oversight to Manulife’s retirement businesses across Asia. The team is responsible for conducting market analysis, tracking/influencing regulatory reform, formulating market entry strategies and all aspects related to the operations of pension businesses in the region. Team members have access to a unique vantage point to participate and shape some of the most important strategic choices related to the development of Manulife’s Retirement business in Asia.
The Senior Manager, Asia Retirement will work in partnership with members of the Asia Retirement team to achieve the objectives of the team
Specific responsibilities include the following:
1. Support the establishment of China Retirement Joint-Venture
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of China’s pension markets, competitors, industry trends, products and distribution methods, with a focus on high priority market segments.
- Conduct research via multiple data sources and using a variety of tools to synthesize and package information on China pension regulations, competitive activities and industry trends that will shape China’s pension system.
- Support the development and on-going refresh of China Retirement strategy documents and management briefings
- Assist with the development of highly illustrative/detailed documents/presentations in both English and Chinese.
- Liaise with MSL and MTEDA on retirement-related initiatives and supporting ad-hoc pension and business development initiatives in the China
2. Asia Retirement Strategy and Business Development
- Support regional and country-level retirement strategy formation and corresponding management briefings
- Support the execution of retirement-related strategic initiatives, as required
- Build and maintain a comprehensive repository of regional pension Pitchbook and financial projection models
- Provide regional retirement competitive insights and synthesize strategic priorities, growth initiatives and macro trends for Quarterly Pensions Newsletter
- The individual will need to work with ambiguous, fluid and changing responsibilities, and be able to readily adapt to the dynamics of the group managing multiple ongoing initiatives simultaneously.
- The role is complex, requiring the ability to think broadly on a strategic basis, dialogue with subject matter experts across and outside the organization but also focus on critical details, provide superior analysis and reasoning, and crisply communicate issues and solutions in a focused manner.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Strong analytical, communication and relationship management skills, with an ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Strong drive and initiative, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Fluent in spoken and written Mandarin Chinese
- Some travel is required
Manulife Asset Management (MAM) is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. MAM’s diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the work. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. MAM has investment offices across multiple continents – Asia, North America and Europe. MAM has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients and is a leading global investment management group.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|