- Asset Allocation
- Asset Management
- Corporate Communications
- Deal Execution
- Deal Origination
- Deal Structuring
- Due Diligence
- Investment Management
(Senior) Director, Real Estate Investment, Asia
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
- The Director is accountable for performance, as Asia Real Estate Investment leader. Incumbents lead all investment tasks: screening, underwriting, evaluation, due diligence, investment recommendation and approvals, negotiated terms and pricing, coordinates legal efforts, accounting, tax, closings and deal monitoring along side asset management team. Provide direct coaching to investments analyst levels for maximum effectiveness in supporting transactions.
- Director exhibits more independence with a greater level of experience, both industry and institutional. Perform like a leader in the group, including opportunities to lead Deal Teams.
- These levels take direction from Head of Asia Real Estate Investments.
- Independently lead teams to evaluate, conduct due diligence and execute direct and indirect real estate investments in Asia. A main distinguishing characteristic of the Director is that he/she can be relied on to perform solid real estate investment analyses and deal execution with a minimal level of guidance.
- Actively take part in formulating and updating Asia strategy.
- Team with Managing Directors for deal origination and for investment approvals.
- Develop a network of valuable relationships in the industry across major markets in Asia.
- Train and manage work of analysts, as well as be team leader coordinating internal review and communication with stakeholders.
- Provide clear constructive feedback to investment analysts so that they can develop and lead internal and external functional teams for deal evaluation and execution.
- Effectively negotiate and structure real estate transactions. Work closely with internal and external counsels to understand and negotiate transaction documents.
- Support coordination with internal parties on special projects.
- Take lead on deal evaluation, execution and internal coordination
- Both direct and indirect real estate investment experience
- Strong knowledge across major markets in the region and quick learning ability in new markets
- Global/regional investor mindset
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Real Estate, Finance, Investment Management major preferred
- 8 or more years of real estate direct investment experiences in Asia (additional indirect investment experiences preferred)
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written English communications skills in order to present to and work with Investments senior management and external clients (at least one additional Asian language preferred)
- Excellent understanding of real estate investment environment aross Asia and mindset of a global or regional investor in the real estate space
- Excellent understanding deal structure across major markets in Asia. Ability to lead deal structuring and terms negotiation
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and work under pressure to meet demanding response times, all while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills to support relationships across the company and the industry
- Demonstrated leadership ability, respected, collaborative, flexible, able to prioritize and manage through change. Solid negotiation skills with the ability to positively influence an outcome
- Effectively operates independently to accomplish business goals and objectives
- Strong team player with a passion in real estate and a flexible mindset adaptable to changes
Manulife Asset Management (MAM) is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. MAM’s diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the work. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. MAM has investment offices across multiple continents – Asia, North America and Europe. MAM has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients and is a leading global investment management group.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|