- Management Reporting
- Regulatory Reporting
Senior Actuarial Manager / Associate Director
Location: HK-HongKong-HKHO-Manulife Financial Centre, 223-231 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The role in the Employee Benefits Actuarial & Analytics department is a managerial position responsible for providing support for the financial and actuarial functions of Pension operations. This role requires application of technical and business knowledge, and working closely with different teams to ensure that the assumptions in the pricing can be actualized.
- Work with sales team and coach actuarial students to provide tailor-made and competitive package to our target customers through pricing.
- Manage and coach actuarial students to
- Provide sales forecast and in-depth analysis to the local management to help their day-to-day decisions
- Perform experience studies and support Class G regulatory reporting
- Review management reporting and alert the management for any derivation of the key financial indicators that links to business
- Engage in variety of projects that support the growth or risk mitigation of business unit
- Provide supervision and guidance on the technical aspect of modeling to junior colleagues
- Have sound judgment in dealing with unexpected issues and requests
• FSA or equivalent
• Strong analytical mind, problem solving and business acumen
• Good interpersonal and communication skills to work across multiple parties. Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrate initiatives, commitment and able to work independently.
• Effective command of English, both spoken and written.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Qualification||Fellow, Society of Actuaries (FSA)|