Operations Assurance Program Director
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG001-48/F., The Lee Gardens, 33 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay
As Operational Performance Programs Director, the candidate will be responsible for overseeing regional operational programs, which uplift the capabilities of operations teams across the region in meeting the operational performance and control needs on an ongoing basis.
The responsibilities of this role include establishing an understanding of operational performance and control requirements, coordinating the regional and country improvement delivery teams and tracking and reporting back to senior executives. The initial focus areas of this role will be SOX (Operations and IT), PCI-DSS certification, operations records management and implementing quality assurance programs as assigned by the Head of IT and Operations Performance, Asia. This role will need to also work alongside key stakeholders from our internal compliance, risk and audit functions.
To be successful in the role, the candidate will possess not only demonstrated successful experience in process improvement and control implementation, but will possess superior relationship management skills and a deep understanding of methodologies in process optimization and control monitoring and reporting.
- A high level understanding of process and technology based controls - for example, SOX Frameworks, Process Control Frameworks, and Records Management standards.
- Deploy the control frameworks for the specific in-scope programs across a vast network of countries, Business Units and functions.
- Coordination between various interested stakeholders, such as compliance teams, risk teams and audit teams to understand the requirements of process or control improvements requirements for the in-scope programs.
- Implement and share best practices or lessons learnt from the in-scope programs and help to identify and develop requirements and training programs as necessary.
- Provide regular updates to the Head of Operation and IT Performance on progress of improvement programs and issues on operations and IT performance area.
- Plan and manage internal and external resources to ensure delivery of project outputs within agreed parameters.
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of cultural diversity.
- Diploma or Degree holder with 5-10 years relevant experience in process improvement and control implementation in either operation or technology
- Experience dealing with regulatory compliance programs, or risk management programs
- Experience in Insurance or Wealth industry especially Life insurance and exposure to products and operations will be a key criteria
- Strategic thinking skills with solid delivery ability
- Able work in an evolving environment and make decision under pressure
- Excellent conflict management & negotiation skills with experience in handling both internal and external communication effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including C-suite, both regionally and globally
- Experience in handling conflict & negotiation with regulatory bodies and/or third-party providers
- Proficient in MS Office Suite of products including MS Word, Excel, MS Project and MS Visio.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
- Asset Allocation
- C (Programming Language)
- Financial Advising
- Life Insurance
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Word
- Process Improvement
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Management