- Asset Allocation
- Asset Management
- Investment Management
- Investment Strategy
- Product Development
- Product Management
- Relationship Management
Managing Director, Portfolio Specialist, Asia Equities
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG001-Lee Garden One, 33 Hysan Avenue, Causeway Bay
Will play a lead role in the on-going portfolio specialist activities of the firm, with a primary focus on assigned investment strategies. The incumbent will work with assigned Manulife Asset Management investment teams on all aspects of product management, and will support the client facing teams in the effective communication and positioning of our investment strategies with clients, prospects and consultants.
- Work with assigned investment management teams on all aspects of product management, including the interpretation, articulation and dissemination of key investment strategy content - philosophy, process, results and overall key market positioning and messaging - for existing and new strategies – to prospects, clients and consultants globally.
- Working with the marketing and sales administration team, develop marketing collateral including presentations, RFP/database content, and other relevant materials required to describe and position assigned strategies and teams.
- Conduct on-going research to track key competitors, market trends and threats and incorporate into product positioning and communication to key constituents globally to ensure competitiveness of existing products.
- Examine and monitor characteristics and statistics for assigned strategies to understand and be a source of knowledge on covered strategies in order to communicate both portfolio positioning and sources of return and risk to both internal and external audiences.
- Directly interact with key personnel across Manulife AM as well as our prospects, clients and consultants in a highly professional manner.
- Consult with sales executives regarding sales strategy for each sales opportunity.
- Assist in the answering, editing, and completing requests for proposals and questionnaires (from base template or in response to RFPs) with accuracy and by deadlines.
- Prepare new business presentations and pull together the necessary materials required to provide solutions and quality service to prospects, clients and consultants.
- Perform other duties as required, which may include activities such as supporting new product development activities or providing input into other product team projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or a related field; CFA/CAIA and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a product management, portfolio specialist, investment director or similar role, preferably within an institutional asset management organization
- Strong equity asset class, strategy and market knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with and coordinate between various groups within a global organization
- Proven understanding of sales & relationship management process with demonstrated ability to support those processes
- Strong knowledge of the marketplace, and trends with and the needs of both institutional and retail sales channels
- Proven command of key investment management principles
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Well developed analytical skills
- Proven ability to work independently in a role with significant impact on client interaction, both internally and externally
- Strong PC skills, including familiarity with key industry related software and databases (e.g. Morningstar, Factset)
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|