Manager, MIS, HK Controllers
Location: HK-HongKong-HKHO-Manulife Financial Centre, 223-231 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
Oversee expense management and involve in management reporting function
- Act as an advisor on expense management.
- Assist in annual financial planning.
- Oversee projects status and track performance against budget and forecast.
- Collaborate with Regional office and HK business units/department to compile expenses analysis, forecast and month end reporting.
- Hold accountability on the consolidated expense analysis reporting of all business units in Hong Kong to senior management.
- Conduct various financial analyses to support management strategies and decision making on regular or ad hoc basis.
- Work closely with counterparts in Regional Office and Business Units in order to ensure mutual understanding on the reporting requirements.
- Participate in management special projects and ad hoc requests.
- Strengthen and streamline the reporting processes and ensure alignment with group requirements.
- Implement effective expense management.
- Work independently under pressures especially for the new initiatives from business units and corporate.
- Communicate effectively for business performance to help steer business decisions.
- Work with all Business Units in Hong Kong as well as Regional Office.
- Deal with evolving changes in functional reporting.
Required Personal Qualities/Skills/Competencies that are Critical to the Job
- Qualified accountant with 5 to 7+ relevant experience in financial/management reporting and prior exposure in insurance industry
- Willing to take ownership and follow-through
- Strong analytical skills, able to work under pressure, dynamic working environment and multi-tasking
- Ambitious for career development with high commitment
- Enjoy interacting with others and possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good team player and able to deal with large quantity of data with high accuracy and tight timeline
- With adequate business acumen
- More experienced candidates will be considered as Senior Manager
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Financial Reporting
- Management Reporting