- Financial Planning
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
Manager, IT Finance Expense Management, Regional Controllers
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
Accountable for expense management, reporting and analysis particularly on Information Systems (IS) functions by establishing robust and standardized process, ensuring consistency and compliance with group requirements across Asia, and keeping management abreast of any risks/opportunities, expense gaps and anticipated trending.
Act as a change agent in expense management team to challenge current process and seek for continuous improvement.
The candidate is also a key subject matter expert on expense issues to business units, functions and management.
- Consolidate and review submissions from business units and functions, drill down to the underlying business drivers and provide senior management with in depth analysis of the business performance.
- Produce Asia Division IS Quarterly Review deck with high quality commentary ensuring clarity and relevance.
- Proactively look for better ways to provide the information through improved analysis and streamlined reporting process.
- Work closely with Group Office and business units in order to ensure mutual understanding on the reporting requirements.
- Review business units annual IS budget/forecast data and address issues, follow up with business units IS Finance and regional functions to resolve identified problems and provide opinions on the feasibility.
- Manage specific IS initiatives or projects as required on expenses.
- Conduct various financial analyses as required by management strategies and decision making on ad- hoc basis.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance or equivalent, with a relevant professional qualification in Accounting
- Minimum 6 years relevant experience in financial planning and analysis and / or management reporting experience gained from the Insurance or Financial Services sector.
- Candidates with audit experience or regional experience in Insurance or Financial Services industry would be advantageous
- Detail-orientated with strong financial analytics and comfortable handling large volumes of data
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task and prioritise to deliver on time
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.