- Asset Allocation
- Asset Management
- Data Management
- Fund Administration
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Visio
- Microsoft Word
Manager, Data Management
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Asset Management (MAM) is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. MAM’s diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive wealth and asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the world. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. Manulife Asset Management has investment offices across multi-continents – Asia, North America and Europe. Manulife Asset Management has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients and is a leading global investment management group.
Manulife Asset Management – Hong Kong (MAM-HK) is the Regional Investment Operations (RIO) in Asia and serves as the hub for Investment Operations in other Asian territories (including Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Japan, China and Korea).
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data Management, the Manager, Data Management will be a key member of a team of data professionals responsible for establishing the data management program that ensures data quality is proactively managed and issues are identified, escalated and resolved in a timely basis. They will couple their data management experience with a solid understanding of the Investment Division’s business and operations to implement the data strategy.
- Implement processes to continually maintain and improve data quality.
- Ensure SLAs for quality and timeliness of data are met.
- Ensure that the data management program reflects leading industry practices.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the division’s data strategy that enables the most effective use of data assets.
- Ensure data is available, reliable, consistent, accessible, secure, and timely to support the mission and activities of the division.
- Support the successful implementation of the Global Optimization project initiatives.
- Collaborate with all groups within the Chief Data Office to ensure alignment across data functions and on target delivery of the group’s goals.
- Primarily responsible for the maintenance of the Data Management platform for Asia including portfolio fund master database and security master data management including security setup on Bloomberg as required.
- Responsible for working closely with the Global Data Management team to support the establishment of a data governance framework for Asia as part of and consistent with the global data governance model.
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, or a quantitative discipline with asset management or financial services industry experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in Fund operations or Fund administration
- Ideally previous experience in the implementation or support of data management programs.
- Previous experience in the execution of large, firm-wide processes.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in translating between business and technology worlds.
- Champion of change and effectively managing the implementation of new ideas / improvements.
- Confident when dealing with investment professionals, senior management and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge and experience with asset management systems and platforms.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Highly analytical with strong consulting and problem solving abilities; tenacity to identify the root cause of problems is essential.
Manulife Asset Management (MAM) is the asset management division of Manulife Financial Corporation. MAM’s diversified group of companies and affiliates provides comprehensive asset management solutions for institutional investors, investment funds and individuals in key markets around the work. This investment expertise extends across a full range of asset classes including equities, fixed income, derivatives, and alternative investments such as oil & gas, real estates, timber, farmland, as well as asset allocation strategies. MAM has investment offices across multiple continents – Asia, North America and Europe. MAM has more than 100 years of experience managing portfolios for The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, John Hancock Life Insurance Company, and other major clients and is a leading global investment management group.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|