- Asset Allocation
- Change Management
- Corporate Communications
- Customer Service
- Financial Advising
- Gap Analysis
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Project Planning
- Stakeholder Management
- Team Management
Director, Change Management
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
This vibrant role for an experienced change manager here at Manulife Asia will encompass a wide scope, including a strong focus on working with our brilliant program directors and project managers to drive sustainable transformation across strategic programs. The role will involve diagnosing for, designing, planning and implementing structured change management interventions within significant programs across Asia. It will also include valued contribution to the refinement of change management strategies and tools to connect across the business. The core result areas include, but are not limited to: communications, stakeholder impact evaluation, change management action plans, developing and delivering change adoption interventions including training.
The role will heavily rely on strong influencing and stakeholder engagement skills to achieve the strategic outcomes of the programs and overall transformation within the organisation. The change management approach will create the necessary foundation to enable continual business engagement and execution excellence within Manulife Asia.
In addition, to ensure development of the change management capability across project delivery teams as well as the Operations and Information Services leadership, this role may provide core change management training to new leaders and teams (in collaboration with the Global Leadership and Learning Centre of Expertise).
Change Management Strategy & Frameworks
- Scope and assess change impact, develop outline change management plan and work with project teams to integrate this into the overall project plan.
- Implement change management strategies to enable the success for transformation and initiatives including change impact assessments, stakeholder management, planning internal and external communications (in tandem with relevant teams) and training requirements, change risk and issues with appropriate mitigation strategies in place.
- Ensure the appropriate level of support is provided to relevant teams to implement continuous improvement initiatives linked to survey feedback and the strategic priorities and full understanding around the highly complex issues relating to engagement and workforce change.
- Create and manage measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and success of individual changes. Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions as well as celebrations of success.
- Refine and maintain appropriate frameworks, systems, policies and procedures and reports to support organisational change management development programs. Support the execution of plans by employee-facing managers and business leaders.
- Undertake quality reviews of proposed business engagement/change management solutions, ensuring these are pragmatic and can be scaled (with customisation where appropriate).
- Support the maintenance of an integrated Business Engagement and Change Management Development framework/playbook and strategy that aligns with the overall Asia Operations and Information Services strategy/roadmap.
- Where necessary, ensure that suitable providers are identified and contracted for change development projects, in line with procurement guidelines. In these cases, the role includes maintaining and managing relationships with appropriate specialist third party consultancies and providers for the provision of services as required.
- Prepare Board and other Executive level reports on business engagement performance and change management impact and outcomes.
- Assist program managers and business leaders to undertake a gap analysis against current state readiness for major initiatives and develop action plans to ensure any identified gaps are rectified to enable increased probability of success.
- Ensure that business engagement is attained for transformation initiatives and planned appropriately, taking into account constraints such as budgets, resource availability, capacity of the organisation to achieve with the volume / extent of change.
- Independently monitor and measure outcomes of activities within project/programs, capturing learnings with a view to achieving long term, sustainable change and also ensuring ‘voice of customer’ and ‘voice of the employee” feedback is attained to ensure continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Communications to ensure that all activities and projects are communicated to staff through the development of effective communications plans and communication materials.
- Manage functional expenditure within budget and obtain sign off from the relevant program director, or where relevant to organisational transformation initiatives – where expenditure may exceed budget
- Develop, lead, influence and manage multidisciplinary program / project teams to ensure goals are achieved and to drive superior business outcomes. This can include both direct and indirect reports, where part or fully dedicated to a program.
- Coach and mentor staff in leading and sustaining change through people
- Establish clear accountabilities and build a strong culture of accountability and performance in order to ensure delivery of business goals.
- Interact with geographically and functionally disparate teams to ensure alignment to business engagement and change management strategy and principles
- Ensure resource is appropriately allocated to fit programme needs within budgetary constraints
- Understanding of and sensitivity to local market, divisional (Asia) and global needs and preferences
- Monitor and manage key business stakeholder feedback and close the loop with improvements made to the approach, methodology, and tools
- High-ranking Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Expert knowledge of change management principles especially in relation to leading change through people
- Significant experience of delivering major transformational change programs
- Strong change management and business engagement experience within large scale transformation, particularly across functional and geographical areas
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate transformational change solutions through collaborative and empowering approaches
- Demonstrated experience developing strong, effective working relationships and networks with key internal/external stakeholders and relevant external organisations
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of relevant strategic change management methodologies, frameworks and approaches
- Strong experience in leading learning and development activities across all levels of an organisation
- Highly-proficient use of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- Proven experience of consistent and constructive people management and leadership capabilities, including across geographies and cultures
- Insurance industry knowledge and experience, including functional processes and business practices
- Thorough understanding of relevant Asia market and influential sociocultural, economic and political factors
Skills & Abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to enable
o ideas and opinions to be expressed clearly and effectively,
o effective interaction with staff at all levels within the organisation and key stakeholders and
o preparation of well-structured, accurate and concise presentations, internal communications (articles, infographics, speaking notes, video outline) and reports
- Ability to engage with and influence business representatives of all levels
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills to enable identification of issues, analysis of options and the judgement to determine appropriate courses of action relevant to achieving positive outcomes and long-range organisational goals
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills to gain the acceptance and support of ideas, cooperation of others, and the ability to modify styles and techniques to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals
- Relationship-building skills with a proactive customer service orientation with internal and external stakeholders
- Planning and organising skills to effectively establish the priority and scheduling of work tasks and projects to ensure work priorities are completed on time and within budget
- Well-developed negotiating and management skills to foster continual improvement and cultural change
- Integrity, judgement and maturity to ensure matters of a confidential or sensitive nature are handled appropriately
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.