Director/Associate Director, Hong Kong Compliance
Location: HK-HongKong-HKHO-Manulife Financial Centre, 223-231 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
Job Description Summary
- The candidate will provide compliance and advisory support for legislative requirements in HK / Macau and corporate policies.
- Develop effective compliance program including identification, evaluation and implementation of appropriate control measures for regulatory requirements related to group and individual insurance products in respect of FATCA , CRS in HK and Macau and other legislative requirements for business units such as HR, IT, Financial Management etc.
- Partner with BU management to advise and uphold a standard and balance compliance standard.
- Provide compliance support for business projects, documentation review with compliance consequence and be the key person to liaise with the relevant regulators / stakeholders.
- Provide compliance training and communication to the HK / Macau Operations.
- Compile and draft regular compliance / risks reports on the responsible subject matters.
- Provide project management support for the development / implementation of the FATCA requirements.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree holder with a major in Law, Audit, Finance or Business Administration
- A total of 9-10 years of experience gained within reputable audit firms, life-insurance company or regulatory institutions and with preferably 6 years’ compliance experience.
- Solid experience in compliance, preferably with insurance exposure
- Able to handle multiple users in diverse environment.
- Willing to accept challenges and work under pressure
- Independent contributor and good team player
- Good analytical and problems solving skills
- Good communication skills in both English and Chinese (spoken and written)
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.