- Microsoft SQL Server
Database Support Engineer
Location: SG-Singapore-SGP003-51 Bras Basah Road #09-00 Manulife Centre
The Database Support Engineer should have at least 4 years experience in Oracle or SQL Server installation, configuration and administration. These services will include work within the following areas:
- Provides day-to-day support of databases including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup and recovery of Oracle or SQL Server databases
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policy.
- Recommends resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Perform the installation of databases for client department-specific applications and systems. Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
- Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of databases services. Ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to possible downstream implications.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.