Associate Director, Middleware Support Technology Lead
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
This role is accountable for delivering Middleware services (BAU & project) in Asia. It covers all Middleware technologies. The role will design, implement, and support Middleware services, evaluate and recommend new technology and service improvements, manage and drive vendors in service delivery.
The Middleware Support Tech Lead brings 4 plus years of experience in websphere (WAS) installation, Configuration and administration. Provide Level 2 support of middleware applications triaging, as well as deployment of new software, upgrades to application code and troubleshooting issues to remediate defects. Possess advanced technical skills and experience in monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance and enhancements of distributed applications and middleware:
- Must have a solid understanding of WebSphere Administration and experience administrating WebSphere Application Server.
- Must have a solid understanding of IBM HTTP server administration and improve efficiency with performance tuning.
- Must have strong knowledge on SSL certificate and their implementation end to end.
- Should know how to administrate and manage all databases with regards to WebSphere.
- Experience in WAS Fix pack upgrade and Migration Expertise in Cluster setup, Load Balancing, JMS messaging
- Trouble shooting and analyzing using IBM ISA or equivalent tools.
- Deployment of different applications and Trouble shooting, server monitoring and health check.
- Analyzes, logs, tracks and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Coordinates hardware/software installations and upgrades to ensure work is properly performed in accordance with company policy.
- Recommends resolution to complex matters of significance and coordinates the implementation of the approved course of action.
- Coordinates and monitors troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common system problems; documents system events to ensure continuous functioning. Recommends course of action and implements as approved.
- Oversees the installation of client department-specific applications and systems. Ensures installations are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; determines revisions or updates to installation as needed.
- Coordinates testing, upgrades and configuration of system files and services. Ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. Prepares for and prescribes approaches to possible downstream implications.
- Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Implementation experience Cloud integration technologies, CastIron, IIB, DP
- Solid experience in Middleware technologies, WebSphere, WebLogic, DB2, Oracle DB and application servers. AIX, Linux, Windows
- Strong in Technology Project Management
- Must be fluent in English
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
- Apache DB
- Apache HTTP Server
- Asset Allocation
- Financial Advising
- IBM AIX
- IBM WebSphere
- Oracle Database
- Project Management