Assistant Manager/Manager, Hong Kong Compliance
Location: HK-HongKong-HKHO-22/F., Tower A, Manulife Financial Centre, 223-231 Wai Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon
- To support work on preparation of monthly ADEC report (a report to RCO), e.g. setup folder in Lotus Note database to facilitate L&C teams providing inputs, consolidate inputs from L&C teams into one single document, etc.
- To support work on preparation of quarterly regulatory compliance report (a report to RCO), e.g. consolidate inputs from Business Units(BU) into one single document, check completeness of compliance issues reported by BU against Archer's records.
- To support work on all compliance trainings (Code of Conduct and Ethics, Record Management, Regulatory Risk Management), e.g. uploading training materials to Compass, monitoring course completion rate, following up course incompletion case, record keeping, etc.
- To coordinate translation requests from RCO with SMEs (e.g. Corp Communication, Data Privacy) and review translations.
- To take up the role as country coordinator (contact point for RCO) for HK training.
- To take up Record Management Program with RCO, e.g. attend Quarterly RMP meeting with Asia RIM Council, maintenance of HK RMP database, reply to BU enquiry on RMP.
- To take up Regulatory Risk Management Program, e.g. renewal of insurance at request of GCO/RCO
- To take up MBPS (Global Resources Centre), e.g. enquiry from BU, submissions to RCO.
- Degree holder with a major in Law or Accounting
- 4+ years of experience gained within financial institution, law firms and with 2+ years’ experience gained in life-insurance company
- Solid experience in compliance with exposure in corporate governance and / or risks and control management framework, preferably with insurance exposure
- Attentive to details and able to handle multiple users with diverse environment
- Willing to accept challenges and work under pressure
- Independent contributor and good team player
- Good analytical and problems solving skills
- Good communication skills in both English and Chinese (spoken and written)
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of June 2015, we had $883 billion (US$708 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $22 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
- C (Programming Language)
- Life Insurance
- Record keeping