- Asset Allocation
- Asset Management
- Corporate Communications
- Deal Structuring
- Due Diligence
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Market Research
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Analyst / Associate, Asia Real Estate Investment
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
- The Analyst of the Asia Real Estate Investment team will assist in evaluating and executing direct and indirect real estate investments in Asia including but not limited to financial analysis, market research, due diligence, preparation of investment proposals, coordination of internal functions (e.g. legal, tax, accounting and operation), and deal monitoring along side asset management team.
- This role will receive both on-the-job training as well as coaching from senior members in the Asia and Global teams. Great exposure of deal flow across the region and interaction with first class real estate fund managers and global instutional investors would be offered. This role will support the senior members of the Asia Real Estate Investment team.
- Build financial models to evaluate direct real estate investments in Asia.
- Conduct market analysis on key markets and sub-markets in the region to support investment evaluation, asset management and strategy review.
- Analyze various forms of deal structures across the regions alongside financial analysis.
- Support deal team leaders in origination, evaluation, due diligence and execution of both direct and indirect real estate investments.
- Support deal team leaders in preparation of investment proposals and coordination of internal stakeholders and external partners and consultants.
- Support Asia Real Estate Investment team on special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Business, Finance or related subject preferred
- 1 to 3 years of experience in related industry. Experience in investment banking and real estate investment would be preferred. Candidates from other disciplines will be considered. Buy-side background is optional
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong oral and written English communications skills in order to present to and work with senior management, internal stakeholders and external parties (Mandarin capability preferred)
- Knowledge and relevant experience in real estate investments would be preferred
- Strong technical capabilities in Excel and Powerpoint (ARGUS skill preferred)
- Great attention to details and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills, a good team player and a flexible mindset adaptable to changes
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|