- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Project Management
- Project Planning
- Stakeholder Management
AML Compliance Manager, Regional Compliance Asia
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Transaction monitoring is a fundamental component of Manulife's AML/ATF program. The reporting of suspicious transactions is a regulatory requirement in all Asia Division Territories of operation, and failure to effectively monitor can expose Manulife Financial Asia Limited to significant regulatory penalties and reputation all damage.
This individual acts as the Regional point of contact and subject matter expert for transaction monitoring in Asia Division. Specific duties include:
1. System Enhancements, Configuration and Governance
- Assisting the Director, Transaction Monitoring Systems in the roll-out of the FISERV/AML Manager platform to Asia Division Territories;
- Ensuring that core scenarios are deployed in each AML Manager instance, coordinating the development of new scenarios where required, and managing a process for reviewing, approving and documenting deviations; and
- Acting as the first point of contact for AML Manager and AER technical issues, including configurations and requests for enhancements, directing to the appropriate Compliance or Information Services resource; and
- Administering and managing relationships with applicable transaction monitoring software vendors.
2. Support for Territories
- Acting as a source of AML/ATF expertise for Territorial AML Responsible Officers, particularly with respect to transaction monitoring, payment acceptance policies and practices, and the reporting of prescribed transactions; and
- Providing training and awareness raising to Territorial AML and Operations teams.
3. Oversight and Monitoring
- Monitoring and overseeing Territorial transaction monitoring efforts through AML Manager reports, automated exception report (AER) alert logs and other Territorial reporting, and escalating issues of concern to the AVP and Head of AML as required;
- Closely monitoring new AML Manager instances with a view to early detection of post-deployment issues; and
- Evaluating the effectiveness of transaction monitoring scenarios and Territorial payment acceptance policies, including cash acceptance policies and thresholds.
- Improving the consistency, quality and efficiency of transaction monitoring within Asia Division by actively seeking opportunities for centralisation or other improvements;
- Providing support to other AML/ATF initiatives, as assigned.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
- Strategy: Able to identify opportunities to enhance process efficiency and quality, including through centralisation
- Project Management: Ability to move a project from concept through to execution and implementation, including managing project plans, budgeting, business case preparation, reporting and stakeholder management.
- Support: Prompt and insightful AML/ATF Compliance advice and support to the Territories.
- Insight: Timely, accurate and fulsome analysis of AML/ATF Compliance issues, including: providing risk-based analysis on escalated unusual transactions; new or existing requirements on the reporting of prescribed transactions or payment acceptance; industry best practice, etc. Ability to get to the heart of issues, and develop and implement prudent, risk-based controls.
- Reporting: Succinct, well-written and comprehensive reporting to AEDEC and the GCO, including timely responses to periodic compliance exercises and ad hoc requests for information.
|Career Level||Junior (less than 3 years)|