Actuarial Intern, 2017 H2 (6 months Contract)
Location: HK-HongKong-HKG006-One Bay East, 83 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong
- 6 months / 6.5 months (optional) Full-time or Part-time
- Appointment period: July to December 2017 / January 2018
- Day 1 Induction Program
- Buddy Program for the whole internship period
- Special Projects for extra exposure that is out of designated Actuarial Department
- Last Day Graduation Ceremony
- Conversion offers with scholarship
- Participate in different actuarial projects in the areas of product development, financial reporting or risk management. Projects may include:
- Assist in conducting earning analysis, experience studies, MIS and a multitude of new and ongoing studies
- Analyze financial statements and link financial indicators to business issues
- Handle special quotation and handle ad hoc enquiries from other departments
- Maintain business projection models and various PC-based valuation systems
- Support new product launch with participation in model update and UAT
- There will be differences in job exposure between various Actuarial Departments.
- Postgraduate/undergraduate in local or overseas universities majoring in actuarial science or insurance studies
- A self-starter, outgoing, adaptive and eager to learn
- Interested in insurance and wealth management business
- Good academic results
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group providing forward-thinking solutions to help people with their big financial decisions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2014, we had 28,000 employees, 58,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving 20 million customers. At the end of September 2015, we had $888 billion (US$663 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made more than $23 billion in benefits, interest and other payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as ‘MFC’ on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under ‘945’ in Hong Kong. Follow Manulife on Twitter @ManulifeNews or visit www.manulife.com or www.johnhancock.com.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Statements
- Product Development
- Risk Management