Business Development Manager | Hong Kong - Mandarin Oriental
Location: Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the group's flagship hotel, and an icon in its own right. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities since 1963, it is the much loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting metropolis. This legendary hotel is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage.
We believe that our colleagues play an integral role in our success and are committed to providing a caring, motivating and rewarding working environment. Applications are invited from customer-oriented individuals for the position.
- Be responsible for developing and acquiring smaller but higher valued corporate accounts that produce at least 40 room nights per year according to rate guidelines to be set
- Be responsible for room night and revenue production goals
- Implement all sales activities and maximize business opportunities in his/her specific area of responsibility
- Ensure that all targets set are achieved
- Monitor account revenue and business production from assigned accounts
- Work with the Sales team to plan both short and long term strategic objectives
- Identify, evaluate, negotiate and manage strategically important business opportunities
- Conduct market research & analysis in order to assess viability and present recommendations to the senior management team
- Monitor current market trends and supply competitor activity information
- Establish contact with local and overseas corporations and solicit business opportunities
- Conduct site inspections and participate in familiarization groups entertainment when required
- Plan and make sales calls
- Minimum one year work experience in hotel industry
- Fluent in English and Cantonese language. Knowledge of Mandarin is an advantage.
- Good commercial/business acumen - cross functional planning, resource allocation, etc.
- Customer focused and revenue driven
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively at all levels of an organization
- Critical thinker with excellent problem solving skills
- Good analytical mind. Able to perform analysis and convert into action plan
For application, please quote the above job reference number and submit online application at our company career website: www.mandarinoriental.com/careers or please send your resume with salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore more opportunities and stay connected, please visit our Facebook career page: www.facebook.com/MandarinOrientalHongKongCareers
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer. Personal data collected will be treated in strict confidence and be used exclusively for recruitment purpose. Applicants who are not contacted for an interview within six weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful at this time.