- Change Management
- Project Management
- User Acceptance Testing
Senior Consultant / Consultant, Business Analysts
Location: Hong KongAt KPMG's Consulting practice, we do not limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. We deliver both. Our Hong Kong division is the fastest growing within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes for success. Since our inception, we have acquired in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad range of sectors and services.
Business analysts are at the core of any successful technology program.
- As a Business Analyst within IT Advisory, you will be expected to understand and document the business requirements for small IT projects or for specific products / work-streams within a larger IT project
- Business Analysts are expected to assist users in understanding what they would like how they would like it and ensuring the solution meets the documented business requirements
- Business Analysts will work closely with end users and with IT Management to design solutions that fit with the current and proposed technical architecture of our Financial Services clients. As such, they will often be the interface between the business and IT during key phases of solution design and delivery
- The role needs to be able to respond to changing priorities and be able to respond to changes in business needs in a dynamic environment
- Understand the needs of the business in order to document the scope and high level requirements for the project / work item
- Translation of the agreed business needs into detailed requirements for submission to another team or 3rd party supplier
- Work with other teams or 3rd party’s to agree the solutions design document for the Business
- Coordinate and validate the Functional Specification, ensure ‘traceability’ to the detailed requirements
- Definition and production of User Acceptance Testing documentation. Set-up and support the business in conducting and management of the UAT phase
- Validation of the test results for both the unit and systems test phases to communicate effectively with members of the project team and other interested parties to manage the changes to requirements, recording all change requests, assessing the impact and ensuring that all change requests go through the change management process develops new and adapts existing processes for increased quality and efficiency whilst encouraging others to seek new ideas / solutions to day to day problems
- A good track record of delivering high quality project, or assignment outputs with a focus on delivering measurable business improvements preferably from working for a major advisory business, consultancy or financial services organisations
- A highly analytical approach with demonstrable analytical expertise with experience of having developed, documented and delivered business requirements
- Ability to work positively with the full range of individuals and groups involved in the programme
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with members of the project team
- Ability to facilitate workshops
- Ability to plan and deliver your own work in the context of and overall project, reporting and being accountable to a Project Manager
- Ability to find creative and innovative ways of developing requirements and delivering end-user needs
- Driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion without upsetting others
- Proven written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal skills
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. *LI