Manager / Senior Consultant, IT Audit and Assurance
Location: Hong KongIn KPMG's Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong is the fastest growing division within KPMG China and represents a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
We are looking for senior consultant and consultant candidates for our Audit and Assurance service area.
The roles are client-focused and involve planning, supervising and delivering IT audit and assurance-based engagements for clients, including internal and external IT audits, IT assurance activities such as IT risk management and IT compliance reviews, they also involve providing IT advisory services to both public and private sector clients.
The role entails being responsible for completing all aspects of the engagement lifecycle, including engagement management, planning, supervision and coaching of junior staff, transferring technical knowledge, writing reports, and communicating with clients and senior client management.
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities of IT audit and assurance engagements
- Evaluate the design and effectiveness of IT controls throughout the business cycle
- Supervise and coach junior staff on engagements
- Assist with scoping, financial management, delivery risk management and the initial review of deliverables
- Identify and communicate IT audit findings to senior management and clients
- Help identify performance improvement opportunities for assigned clients
- Conduct fieldwork and manage small project teams to deliver value-added assurance services to clients
- Build and manage client relationships (typically with Chief Risk Officer and Chief Information Officer)
- Actively identify and progress business development opportunities, as well as manage sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations
- Develop internal networks and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider Consulting, Audit and Advisory areas
- Proven experience of successfully delivering IT audit and assurance services (including external / internal audits) to clients within a Big Four firm (or three years’ experience in any of the following areas: internal or external IT audit, risk assessment or business process reengineering)
- Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within industry sectors
- Experience of systems environments within industry sectors
- Recognised accounting / auditing qualification (e.g. HKICPA or CISA)
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college / university
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) and exceptional interpersonal skills; able to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
- Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and express opinions clearly to all levels of staff
- Excellent reporting and presentation skills
- Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships
- Ability to deliver work within tight timelines, on budget and at a high level of quality
- Strong teamwork ability and able to work independently
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for Consultant
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2017 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. *LI
- Business Analytics
- Business Development
- Internal Audit
- IT Audit
- Report Writing