- Basel II
- Basel III
- Credit Risk
- Management Consulting
- Market Risk
- Operational Risk
- Risk Management
- Stress testing
Manager, Financial Risk Management
Location: Hong KongIn KPMG's Advisory practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. We deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong and in China is young and enthusiastic and always pushes itself to succeed. Since its creation, the team has developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Banking Advisory is a core service area for KPMG China and we are looking for a Manager to join our Financial Risk Management practice in Hong Kong
KPMG’s Financial Risk Management (FRM) banking advisory team advises clients on the development and implementation of risk management policies, systems, solutions, and controls. Working with professionals from KPMG’s international and local network we offer a broad range of financial risk management services to help international banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and corporate and public clients identify, assess, manage, report, and limit the risks they face.
Our scope of work covers the full spectrum of financial risks, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing. There is a particular emphasis currently on the implementation of Basel II / III and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives. Clients include local and foreign financial institutions, and there is a strong focus on financial institutions in mainland China.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity in Hong Kong for Manager to provide experience and to help our expanding FRM team further develop its leading market position in the provision of banking advisory services. Depending on experience and skills, the role will include the delivery and management of Basel II & III / risk management projects, and staff management for ensuring the future growth of the Financial Services Advisory practice in Hong Kong & China.
- Manage the execution of FRM engagements to ensure quality service is delivered
- Develop and maintain client relationships, maximize business opportunity
- Supervise a growing specialist team and contribute to the career development of team members
- Play a key role in the business development across regions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of risk management practices, both locally and internationally
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within the Advisory practice and across other services
- At least 5 to 7 years experience in professional services advisory, management consultancy, international banking, insurance or a blue chip industry company with demonstrable experience in financial risk management.
- Have in depth knowledge of:
- Financial Risk Management within Banking or Securities firms
- Trading Book business processes
- Basel II related experience and knowledge preferably on the advanced approaches for Market Risk (IMA)
- Capital treatments for interest rate related instruments, currency and commodities, and equity in the trading book under the Basel, HKMA and SFC definitions
- Risk control processes and policy (i.e. VaR limits and implementation)
- Financial instrument valuation and related valuation methodologies as related to the trading book
- Structured financial products
- Knowledge experience with front, middle, back office operations with regards to trading financial products
- Experience with FINCAD or SAS is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure managing projects or project deliverables
- Excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills with experience in developing training materials
- Cross cultural business and overseas experience preferred
- Degree holder in Finance, Risk Management, Accounting/Financial and Actuarial Engineering/Business Mathematics or any other business related discipline
- FRM Designation preferable
- Excellent written and spoken English, Mandarin is desirable but not essential
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2018 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. *LI
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|