- Alternative Investments
- Business Development
Manager, Business Development(Private Equity &/or Alternatives Sector)
Location: Hong KongIn KPMG's Advisory practice we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team is focused, enthusiastic and always pushes itself to succeed. We are now embarking on a period of additional strategic investment and are seeking a high-calibre individual who can help shape and drive this activity.
This Business Development position represents an important role within our Financial Services Private Equity team. The role’s primary purpose is to help support and implement business development initiatives that will drive a sustainable step-change in our competitive positioning, both with key clients and the wider private equity sector across greater China through effective collaboration throughout the KPMG network.
The individual needs to have an aptitude for developing new peer level relationships and demonstrate strategic thinking in order to help shape the growth of our private equity sector proposition and possess people leadership skills. At an operational level, the role will be hands-on and our chosen candidate needs to be willing to roll their sleeves up whenever necessary to support our partners and associates in achieving sustainable business development success for KPMG.
The role provides an excellent career development opportunity for the right candidate within the firm, including the potential for progression to increasing levels of external business development activity with key client accounts.
- Work with private equity leaders to further refine our sector development strategy, and maintain the plan and performance dashboard
- Build own network and credible understanding of the full investment life cycle employed by Private Equity firms, PE Real Estates (PERE), Infrastructure, Special Situations
- Help prioritise and,capitalise on opportunities to further accelerate profitable business relationships and further extend KPMG’s presence within the Private Equity market or Alternative Investment sector
- Support a number of critical go-to-market plan components, including marketing (eg public relations, articles, events), bid proposals, client database
- Project manage local and global accounts as well as knowledge sharing and thought leadership activities
- Identify and gather information on market developments, client requirements and business development opportunities within the sector to ensure our development strategy stays current and relevant to client needs
- Work closely with our Marketing Services team to ensure integration of marketing campaigns into our key private equity account strategy
- Work collaboratively with members of Client Service, Marketing and Business Development teams to share best practices and create strong links between marketing, business development and key client activities
- Be passionate about your areas of expertise, and manage your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities
Experience & Skills
- University graduate with 5-8 years’ work experience
- Sufficient understanding regarding asset management, private equity and capital markets
- Good working knowledge of the professional services market, ideally gained from employment within Big 4, consulting and / advisory
- Proven ability of account management and business development skills
- Effective at networking and internal collaboration with a diverse team of professionals
- Energetic, creative, self-motivated & resilient, with the ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication and presentation skills, and relationship building
- Solid report writing and research skills
- Fluent English. Knowledge of Mandarin is desirable
- Comfortable with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Social Media / apps tools
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. *LI