Inbound M&A Tax Manager / Assistant Manager
Location: Hong KongOur Hong Kong Inbound M&A tax team has a diverse client base including large multi-national corporations, large international and mid-cap private equity funds. Our main focus is working with clients to manage their tax risks and identify opportunities in Hong Kong and abroad.
Our people are allocated to specific client teams on a project by project basis, taking into account the level of experience required, development needs and availability. Project and client teams are typically cross-disciplined and advise on various types of taxes. We also advise on the tax implications of restructuring, provide transfer pricing advice, tax due diligence and transaction related tax advisory services, including advising on holding / business structures and tax structuring for mergers and acquisitions. Our people are also heavily involved in advising clients on regional and global projects.
- Reporting directly to Partner / Senior Manager, you will use your proven technical ability and utilise your client relationship skills to win and develop new business
- Working closely with internal and external clients on cross-border / M&A transactions, international tax advisory engagements, tax structuring and ad hoc projects
- Develop and implement innovative ways to approach client needs - use research into client businesses (the issues they face, the state of markets, key developments) to initiate new service and product offerings to clients
- Undertake business development activities and market tax services to clients and non-clients
- Keep abreast of new technical developments and solutions, and confidently market these applications to both clients and Partners
- You will be responsible for managing a group of people
- Delegate work to members of multiple teams, ensuring follow up strategies are in place
- A degree in Accounting / Finance or any other business related discipline and ideally a professional qualification (accounting or legal)
- 4 - 7 years experience (including advisory) in a professional firm or Big 4 firm
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and work with all levels of management
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work effectively under time critical deadlines
- Excellent organisation, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A proven history of managing and developing others, developing business and acting autonomously
- Experience working on M&A transactions or cross-border transactions or in international tax
- Proven ability to develop and manage people effectively through leadership, appropriate delegation, coaching and mentoring of staff
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. *LI
- Due Diligence
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Project Management
- Team Management
- Transfer Pricing