Director, Business Development, Insurance Sector
Location: Hong KongIn KPMG's Advisory practice we don't limit ourselves to strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team is focused, enthusiastic and, always pushes itself to succeed, to the level of world-class service that our clients have come to expect from KPMG. We have recently initiated a period of additional strategic investment and are seeking a small number of high-caliber individuals who can help shape and drive this activity.
This business development position represents a senior role within our Financial Services team. The objective is to represent the full range of KPMG services and develop and maintain profitable business relationships across Insurance accounts.
The role will have a strong focus on the continual improvement of our team’s approach to client development activity, as well as robust account development methodology, in order to ensure that we are putting our clients first, every step of the way. The role provides an excellent career development opportunity for the right candidate within the firm.
- Manage and promote firm-wide relationships with top tier Insurance clients.
- Need identification and solution management through regular client meetings and interactions.
- Strategic business planning, targeting and industry planning.
- Revenue generation.
- Work closely with KPMG Partners. Identify, pursue and convert opportunities as appropriate.
- Manage cross-functional and, where necessary, cross-border client service teams.
- Project management and execution to ensure effective service delivery as and when required.
- Negotiation, budgeting, accounting and analysis.
- Work with the BD and Market Services teams to ensure coordination of marketing campaigns and activities.
- University graduate with a minimum of 14 years’ experience.
- Significant experience in a client-facing role/s and an understanding of the professional services market, ideally gained from working in business development roles within Big 4, Consulting, Insurance Companies or Banks.
- Sound understanding of, and exposure to, the Insurance industry.
- Effective networker with ability to understand client needs.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and winning business opportunities.
- Experience in developing relationship with senior executives – credible & engaging at C-level.
- Dynamic, self-motivated and able to work under pressure, without day-to-day supervision.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Mandarin language skills preferable.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
- Business Development
- Project Management