- Basel II
- Basel III
- Credit Risk
- IFRS 9
- Market Risk
- Operational Risk
- Risk Management
- Staff Management
Consultant – Credit Risk, Financial Risk Management
Location: Hong KongIn KPMG's Advisory practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong and in China is a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Banking Advisory is a core service area for KPMG China and we are looking for a Consultant to join our Financial Risk Management practice.
KPMG’s Financial Risk Management (FRM) Banking Advisory team advises clients on the development and implementation of risk management policies, systems, solutions, and controls. Working with professionals from KPMG’s international and local networks, we offer a broad range of financial risk management services to help international banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and corporate and public clients identify, assess, manage, report, and limit the risks they face.
Our scope of work covers the full spectrum of financial risks, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing. There is a particular emphasis currently on the implementation of Basel II/III and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives. Clients include local and foreign financial institutions, and there is a strong focus on financial institutions in mainland China.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity in Hong Kong for Consultant to provide experience and to help our expanding FRM team further develop its leading market position in the provision of banking advisory services. Depending on experience and skills, the role will include the delivery and management of Basel II & III/risk management projects, and staff management for ensuring the future growth of the Financial Services Advisory practice in Hong Kong & China.
- Efficiently manage the execution of FRM Credit Risk engagements to ensure quality service is delivered
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of credit risk management practices, both locally and internationally.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel.
- Build strong internal relationships within the Advisory practice and across other services.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in a quantitative credit risk role. Have in depth knowledge of some of the following:
- Financial risk management within banking or securities firms or a consultancy firm
- IFRS 9 Impairments and Expected Credit Loss Modelling
- SAS skills, Mat-Lab skills, and R skills are a plus
- Banking Book (i.e. lending and credit) business processes, risk management processes
- Basel II related implementation experience and knowledge preferably on the advanced approaches for credit risk (FIRB and or AIRB)
- Capital treatments for banking book or trading book credit instruments, under the Basel (CBRC and or HKMA) definitions
- Risk control processes and policy (i.e. credit facility or portfolio limits and implementation)
- Credit risk modelling skills (i.e. PD%, LGD, EAD or development of expert judgment scorecards)
- Experience with Credit Risk Model validation (i.e. quantitative and or qualitative Validation)
- Credit risk data management experience (i.e. data mart, data quality management)
- Understanding of loan origination processes (i.e. product approval, pricing, risk mitigation)
- Bachelor / Master degree in statistics or quantitative area with SAS skills, Mat-Lab skills, and R skills are desirable if little or - no previous working experiences
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure managing projects/deliverables
- Excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills with experience in developing training materials
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) is required
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative (“KPMG International”), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. *LI
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|