- Basel II
- Credit Risk
- Market Risk
- Operational Risk
- Project Planning
- Risk Management
Associate Director, Financial Risk Management
Location: Hong KongIn KPMG's Advisory practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. We deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong and in China is young and enthusiastic and always pushes itself to succeed. Since its creation, the team has developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Banking Advisory is a core service area for KPMG China and we are looking for an Associate Director to join our Financial Risk Management practice in Hong Kong
KPMG’s Financial Risk Management (FRM) banking advisory team advises clients on the development and implementation of risk management policies, systems, solutions, and controls. Working with professionals from KPMG’s international and local network we offer a broad range of financial risk management services to help international banks, insurance companies, asset managers, and corporate and public clients identify, assess, manage, report, and limit the risks they face.
Our scope of work covers the full spectrum of financial risks, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and the prevention of money laundering and terrorist financing. There is a particular emphasis currently on Basel II/III and other current local and international regulatory and risk management initiatives such as the implementation of the G20 OTC derivative reforms. Areas of focus include local capital standards such as the HKMA's Banking Capital Rules and the SFC's Financial Resources Rules. Clients include local and foreign financial institutions.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity in Hong Kong for a associate director to provide experience and to help our expanding FRM team further develop its leading market position in the provision of banking and securities advisory services. Depending on experience and skills, the role will include the delivery and management of Basel II & III and risk management projects, business development and marketing work for our services, and staff management for ensuring the future growth of the Financial Services Advisory practice in Hong Kong & China.
- Manage the team on execution of FRM engagement, in particular Market Risk and Valuation engagements, to ensure quality service is delivered
- Develop and maintain client relationships; maximize business opportunities
- Supervise a growing specialist team and contribute to the career development of team members
- Play a key role in business development
- Oversee credit risk modelling junior analytical resources, and client related inquiries
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of market risk management practices, both locally and internationally
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within the Advisory practice and across other services
- Minimum 8 years experience in professional services advisory, risk consultancy, banking, insurance, or a blue chip industry company with demonstrable experience in financial risk management; candidates with local experiences are desirable
- Degree holder in Finance, Risk Management, Accounting / Financial and Actuarial Engineering / Business Mathematics or any other business related discipline
- FRM Designation preferable
- Have in depth knowledge of some of the following:
- Financial Risk Management within banking or securities firms
- Trading Book business processes
- Basel II related implementation experience and knowledge preferably on advanced approaches to Market Risk (IMA)
- Capital treatments for equities, interest rate related instruments, currency and commodities, and equity in the trading book under the Basel and HKMA/SFC definitions
- Risk control processes and policy (i.e. VaR limits and implementation)
- Financial instrument valuation and related valuation methodologies as related to the trading book
- Structured financial products
- Experience with FINCAD or SAS is a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives - Strong project planning and organising skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure managing projects / deliverables
- Excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills with experience in developing training materials
- Fluent in English. Mandarin is desirable but not essential
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2017 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved. *LI