Assistant Manager - Global Mobility Services (GMS)
Location: Hong KongThe Global Mobility Services team offers an extensive range of compliance and advisory services to local and international organisations, helping them to manage their mobile workforce.
Our service covers the development of policies and related remuneration packages, cross-border solutions between Hong Kong and other jurisdictions, reviews of international assignment programmes, pensions, tax, human resources advice, completion of tax returns (for the US, PRC and Hong Kong) for assignees and advanced technology-based solutions. The GMS client portfolio ranges from large multinational companies to local start-ups.
We are now seeking high-caliber tax professionals to fulfill the roles of Assistant Manager to support the continued growth of our GMS team in Hong Kong. The ideal candidate will bring a commercial and analytical mind and have very strong written and spoken English skills. Knowledge of the Hong Kong tax system is essential.
- Apply a good understanding of Hong Kong tax legislation to client issues and prepare / review tax returns and related calculations for expatriates
- Work with clients to develop tax efficient solutions, which address their business needs
- Participate in business development activities
- Review and manage work of junior staff and provide coaching to help them achieve their goals
- Use knowledge of relevant non-tax legal, financial and business information to address client issues
- Regularly expand their knowledge of the tax business and keep up-to-date with the latest business and current affairs as it relates to their clients
- Deal with tax authority enquiries in an effective manner
- Interact with different parties, including clients and KPMG overseas offices, to complete the tax returns / ad hoc projects
- Degree holder with a professional qualification (tax, legal or accounting)
- Minimum of 3 years’ tax experience in a professional firm
- Experience in handling complex technical issues concerning employee remuneration e.g., equity plans, dual contracts, pensions
- Strong communication and presentation skills with an excellent command of spoken and written English.
- Possess good client relationship skills
- Well-organized with ability to meet multiple deadlines and work under pressure
- Self-starter and good team player
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2016 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.
- Business Development
- Tax Returns