- Capacity Planning
- Change Management
- CISCO Routers
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Domain Name Server Protocol
- Microsoft Access
- Performance Analysis
- Project Management
Location: Asia-China-Hong Kong-Wan Chai
The role requires technical knowledge of infrastructure in networking including LAN, WAN, WiFi, VoIP and security. This person has to be very collaborative, working closely not only with the MIS teams in the region but also with vendors and suppliers, other business units, brands within the group company and the global MIS teams in EMEA.
Requires project management skills as well as open minded communication capability in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Be responsible for designing, setting up & handling daily administrations of the group’s network environment, with ad-hoc troubleshooting of large scale MNC IT network.
To support system and project implementation including vendor and project management to meet business requirements.
Responsible for handling the documentation of operation procedures in compliance and audit processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direction of the Regional Network Manager, to be involved in MIS activities relating to all aspects of Infrastructure (network- R&S, WiFi, servers, data center, telephony etc.) as a part of MIS Team servicing all Luxury Group brands as well as Lifestyle divisions in APAC, including Japan.
- Primary responsibility will be to manage the Network infrastructure (WAN, LAN, Security, Wireless and VoIP) with regional requirements, according to the Global and Regional guidelines
- Administrating and deploying Cisco wireless technology
- Developing and documentation of operation procedures/user manuals regarding Network infrastructure or projects
- Plan, manage and deliver various infrastructure related network projects under the direction of the Assistant Network Manager
- Support day-to-day business activities and tier 2 supports related to the Infrastructure and Network areas.
- Strictly follow group’s change management process.
- Analyze and validate existing systems, and create standards to govern technical procedures and designs
- Manage and audit proper security measurements over the regional network estate
- Perform regular performance analysis and monitoring so as to provide a capacity planning
- Regularly review and provide technology refreshment proposal
- Continuously improve support operations and processes while effectively controlling costs
- Able to communicate effectively with vendors and business partners in English and internal teams with English and Mandarin
- Willing to work in non-office hours
- Occasional overseas travel may be required
- Network (LAN, WAN, VoIP, WAE, WIFI, VPN, Access Point, L2/3 Switch) Hands-on installation experience - Cisco Certification is desired (CCNA)
- Strong analytical and issue resolution skills
- Strong collaborative and team coordination skills
- Strong Written and verbal English skills
- Vendor control / management experience
- Effective project management capabilities
- Innovative problem solving, design and testing skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be well organized and able to work under pressure
- Good interpersonal skills with a service orientated approach
- Must be able to work well individually as well as with a team
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or related field or equivalent in education and experience
- 2+ years’ solid telecom and network experience in MNCs environment (experience on retail / luxury brand company is an advantage)
- Knowledge in Cisco WLC and Cisco Prime / WCS
- Knowledge in Cisco routers as well as L2/L3 switch, including the legacy types
- Knowledge in Cisco TACACS
- Knowledge in Network Monitoring System
- Knowledge in DNS/DHCP product such as IPAM
- Knowledge in Cisco ASA and Checkpoint
- Knowledge in Juniper SSL-VPN
- Knowledge in F5 Load-balancer
- Knowledge in Riverbed WAN accelerator
- Knowledge in Cisco / Polycom IPT
- Knowledge in Polycom / Tandberg VC
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems independently and to generate innovative solutions over a large scale network
- Ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Track records of meeting or exceeding deadlines in uncertain environments
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
- Worked in a medium to large MNC
- Familiar with business operations in the retail industry
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE [MANDATORY]
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE [PREFERRED]
- Juniper Certification
|Qualification||Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|