- Asset Management
- Hedge Funds
- Mutual Funds
- Process Improvement
- Product Development
- Product Management
- Project Management
- Wealth Management
Wealth Management, Asia Solutions Product Development (Discretionary and Funds), Vice President
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $2 trillion, over 200,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across six business segments including Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Treasury & Securities Services, Asset & Wealth Management, Retail Financial Services and Card Services.
The Wealth Management division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered, for over 160 years, customised solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Vice President to join the Asia Solutions Product Development team focusing on delivering discretionary portfolios and fund solutions. The role will be based in Hong Kong.
Investment management products and services is a core offering within J.P. Morgan Private Banking. It offers the full spectrum of investment strategies - from equity, cash management, fixed income, currency and asset allocation to alternative asset classes such as private equity, real estate and hedge funds. These strategies are delivered to clients in a variety of structures, including discretionary portfolios and regulated fund wrappers.
The broader Asia Solutions Product Development team is focused on delivering investment product solutions for the brokerage and discretionary business in Asia. In addition to Asia-driven initiatives, the team partners closely with the International Private Bank (“IPB”) Alpha & Discretionary Product Development as well the International Funds Product Management teams for global or IPB-wide initiatives.
This role encompasses both product development and product management activities for discretionary services (multi-asset portfolios and separately managed accounts) and funds (hedge funds, private equity funds, mutual funds and exchange traded funds). This is not a portfolio management role.
Key activities include:
- Drive new product development and product management of discretionary portfolios and fund solutions through prioritization, design, development and launch, working across all functions of the Private Bank where necessary
- Support the prioritization of Asia-specific initiatives amongst the existing global pipeline by assessing feasibility and understanding commercial viability
- Develop and manage product implementation plans and provide updates for senior management on implementation status, issues and benefits to the business
- Provide subject matter expertise to support process improvement, product modifications and implementation of changes rising from significant industry, business or regulatory changes
- Support ad-hoc product enquiries mainly from the Managed Strategy and Solutions team and Investors on bespoke client needs
- Act as an escalation point when coordinating across the diverse perspectives of legal, risk, compliance, operations and investments to successfully bring the product to market
- Liaise with local stakeholders and communicate Asia-specific issues within the global organization
- Adhere to best practices and governance practices, including new business initiative approval procedures and risk identification
This position is based in Hong Kong and offers excellent future mobility opportunities into other areas of our business. The position will require significant time commitment when necessary and there is a high level of senior management exposure in Asia as well as the larger global organization.
Experience within Private Wealth Management or Asset Management from product implementation, product control or process re-engineering perspective
Expertise in Project Management discipline, techniques and project delivery process with ability to manage, organize, and control activities of complex projects
Familiarity with product features and regulatory landscape for discretionary services and funds
Ability to quickly analyze current business practices to identify risks, inefficiencies, and opportunities and develop innovative solutions.
Relentless focus on execution and enjoy taking ownership for the delivery of measurable results
Ability to adapt in a fast paced, dynamic and changing team environment is essential
Confident and outgoing personality, able to deal directly with senior management
Ability to identify and question implied assumptions, and exploit faulty assumptions to improve processes. Work with a wide variety of personalities in many parts of the organization and anticipate their point of view.
Ability to influence the business to transform/change current state
Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate problems, solutions, and step by step instructions on how to implement them
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|