- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Asset Allocation
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Process Improvement
- Project Management
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
VP, Risk Assessment and New Business Initiatives, Compliance APAC
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-One Island East / 31141
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) Asia team is responsible for implementation and oversight of Anti Money Laundering (AML) policies and procedures for the firm's businesses in Asia. The successful candidate will principally be involved in the day-to-day management of the Risk Assessment and New Business Initiatives team providing advisory on applicable New Business Initiative policies and procedures as well as maintaining oversight and controls over the Risk Assessment process across the various Lines of Business. He/She is also expected to contribute and actively participate in strategic policy review and or implementation initiatives at regional and global level. This role implies a close working relationship with business and operations functions.
- Manage Risk Assessment project for APAC and be the SME on risk assessment
- Coordinate the collection of risk assessment prepared for new and expanded products and services as defined by the GFCC Directive, give guidance as a key point of reference into the risk assessment programs
- Assist building out an effective regional process for the review and approval of NBIAs and Risk Assessments
- Develop and maintain regional MIS on approvals and conditions to ensure there is requisite transparency of the review cycle and any actions have been closed out appropriately
- Manage products to support the Global AML Enhancement Plan
- Other ad hoc projects as required
- At least 4-7 years work experience in a compliance, legal, risk management, or control function – preferably gained in a global financial institution.
- Exposure to AML, ATF, PEP, ABC and Sanctions issues
- Good knowledge and understanding of Banking and Securities products
- Strong communication - written and interpersonal
- Strong management and leadership skills, including effective project management abilities
- Demonstrated ability to effectively consult to obtain desired results
- Must be a self-starter, pro-active, organized, with a keen eye on details and have the ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Strong research skills, familiarity with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated, intuitive and possess initiative to identify potential process improvements.
- Previous exposure to a diverse and international work environment.
- Familiarity with the various US, EU and APAC regulatory regimes applicable to the banking industry.
- Fluent speaking and writing abilities in English is a must. Cantonese and Mandarin speaker a plus but not essential.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|