- Asset Allocation
- Asset Liability Management
- Balance Sheets
- Regulatory Reporting
- US GAAP
Treasury / Chief Investment Office Controller – Analyst – Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-One Island East / 31141
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) is responsible for managing JPMorgan’s firmwide asset and liability management including structural interest rate & foreign exchange risk, funding & liability and liquidity risk.
The T/CIO Controller Team has primary responsibility for ensuring the adequacy of the financial control environment as it relates to the asset and liability management.
The Asia T/CIO Controller Team which is based in Hong Kong has an open position in its liquidity controller group for a highly motivated individual.
Details of the role
Based in Hong Kong, this opportunity is to join the Financial Controllers team that supports financial controls, regulatory, liquidity and hedge reporting across Asia Pacific for both T/CIO line of business within the broader T/CIO Asia Finance team, this includes but not limited to:
- Key member in producing daily FED liquidity reporting to Corporate Treasury team in NY
- Assist in preparing US regulatory reports to NY Head Office and Corporate Treasury team.
- Interaction with Head Office, Portfolio Managers and Middle Office to explain, investigate and resolve Balance Sheet variances on a regular basis
- Provide commentaries and analytics on Balance Sheet movements periodically
- Understand the end-to-end process, operational workflow, controls and system behaviors for the different products being utilised by T/CIO functions.
Participation in the implementation and final testing of new systems, products and initiatives.
Qualifications/ Skill-set requirements
1-2 years relevant post graduate professional experience with either a recognized audit firm and/or as a product controller
Enthusiastic, highly motivated team player with good oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail, high level of numeracy and a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills; able to work under pressure and multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
- Strong control mindset and understanding of basic control environment
- Knowledge/ experience of US GAAP, liquidity reporting and/or US regulatory returns is an advantage
|Career Level||Junior (less than 3 years)|