- Asset Allocation
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Resource Management
Technology Portfolio Strategy Lead APAC, Executive Director
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business (LOB) to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution, and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
We are looking for an experienced Technology Infrastructure Portfolio Lead to organize and coordinate a portfolio of projects. The portfolio manager is responsible for the execution of one or more simultaneous projects from approval through implementation including engagement with peripheral groups to technology such as compliance, legal and the internal clients. The successful candidate will provide strategic guidance to teams and project managers in ways that promotes GTI’s products including the operational preparedness and customer experience related to those products. The role supports and drives program success by supporting alignment with strategic priorities, sequencing with other large, strategic initiatives and ensuring program management excellence. The role aligns with key stakeholders across brands, regions, functions, and steering committees to monitor the health of each initiative and advocate for the project through its lifecycle. This includes driving project management and financial rigor across the areas to ensure planning is realistic while also supporting strategic objectives and timing during the strategic planning processes. This role ensures the identification and measurement of project portfolio benefits. This individual will provide guidance and recommendations to program and project managers and business stakeholders based upon feasibility, benefit, risk, and resource capability.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader and will have experience in managing staff of different disciplines to produce results in a timely manner. They will also be able to develop efficient strategies and tactics.
This individual requires a big picture focus, broad business process experience, relationship building, and client management skills. Communication is a key focus, also a process-driven mentality, and portfolio management experience. The portfolio includes large cross-functional projects and major strategic initiatives underway or planned.
- Formulate, organize and monitor inter-connected projects
- Decide on suitable strategies and objectives
- Coordinate cross-project activities
- Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
- Develop and control deadlines, budgets and activities
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Resolve projects’ higher scope issues
- Prepare Stakeholder and Steering Committee collateral
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- Extensive experience in managing infrastructure technology projects through all phases of the life cycle and an expert working knowledge of an industry recognized Project Management methodology (PMP / Prince2 etc)
- Broad technology knowledge and interest in industry trends (Cloud, Security, Green technology)
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups and teams
- Strong budget planning, financial management and resource management skills with experience of industry standard project management tools for financial and project reporting
- Listening and gathering customer/user inputs, simplifying complex topics for non-technical audiences and preparing quick pointed summaries for executives and stakeholders.
- Ability to influence and lead cross line of business teams in a matrix management environment
- Proven experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- Outstanding leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.