- Asset Allocation
- Bill Payment
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Microsoft Access
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Performance Management
Professional – Security Guard Supervisor – Global Security and Investigation – Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-One Island East / 31141
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Security and Investigations (GS&I) protects the firm's employees and assets throughout the world. This responsibility includes the development of security and safety policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative compliance, security guard management and alarm response, incident management, corporate building security and customer/visitor/client safety, investigations, workplace violence, occupational health and safety, fire and life safety, executive protection, pre-employment screening and security operations on a global basis.
The position of Security Supervisor is a key figure within the operational security delivery framework of the GS&I organization, charged with providing day-to-day leadership and management of guard force personnel across the JPMC portfolio. The incumbent is responsible for the following key functions:
Must be available to work on-call on any given day(s) 24/7.
- To ensure the security of the assigned JPMC facility is maintained at all times and to make ensure \only authorized employees and visitors access the building.
- Ensure the comprehensive supervision of contracted security guards inclusive of pre-shift inspections, briefings and ongoing monitoring and coordination.
- Ensure guards receive appropriate training and ongoing performance management (including coaching, counseling, disciplining, performance evaluations, recognition, etc.)
- Design scheduling and shift allocations to ensure consistent and adequate coverage to JPMC sites on a 24/7 basis.
- Provide routine investigations and reports which are compiled in a timely manner and to a consistent standard.
- Assist GS&I management to ensure that all department operating procedures are adhered to by all security personnel.
- Liaise with the Police, Fire Service and other agencies in an emergency and on all issues affecting security where coordination with government resources is required.
- Inspect fire fighting and life safety equipment to ensure adequacy and workability and manage the distribution of emergency items and equipment.
- Ensure workplace safety issues are addressed and that regular safety inspections are conducted in accordance with agreed schedules.
- Oversee and lead responses to site alarms and external monitoring stations, coordinating with the Asia Pacific Control Room for all security related issues
- Participate in the recruitment selection, orientation, training, development and retention of high caliber staff for the security function.
- Attend to local and regional administrative requirements such as billing issues, headcount review, vendor dealings, induction for new hires of the firm and various administrative demands from the department.
- Execute any other duties or projects as directed by GS&I Senior Managers.
- A minimum of a high school diploma, or equivalent, required with security/military/police experience preferred.
- A good working knowledge of security operations and safety practices in a business environment with 2-5 years of demonstrable supervisory experience in a similar environment.
- Ability to interface appropriately with internal and external customers in order to resolve security concerns or escalate to the appropriate GS&I manager.
- Effective reading, writing and oral communication skills in English
- Basic computer skills (inclusive of a good understanding of all Microsoft applications)
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential