- Legal Documentation
- Risk Management
- Securities Lending
Legal - Documentation Specialist, Assistant Vice President - Corporate & Investement Bank, Derivatives Master Documentation Negotiator, (Hong Kong, APAC)
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-One Island East / 31141
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Prepare, negotiate and execute master derivatives master agreements (such as NAFMII, ISDA Master Agreement, Credit Support Annex and related documentation including guarantees, letters of comfort, amendment agreements, termination agreements, and novation agreements, securities lending and repo financing documents, confidentiality agreements, bilateral regulatory agreements (such as Dodd-Frank Protocol 2 and EMIR), and other relevant ancillary agreements arising from global regulatory changes) with institutional clients, including banks, investment managers, funds, corporates and multi-national companies incorporated in Asia ex Japan, and private banking clients
Review and analyze legal documentation such as constitutions, investment manager agreements, signing authority documents to determine capacity and authority to enter into derivatives master agreements
Review and provide comments to Termsheets and Confirmations and incorporate terms and conditions as instructed by relevant stakeholders
Provide internal stakeholders with legal analysis and advise on master agreements related issues
Develop and maintain external client and front office sales relationships, work closely with other members of the Documentation Team and co-ordinate with other risk management areas (such as Credit ,Tax, and Collateral Management) for discussions, comments and approvals
Work closely with the Operations team to complete the execution of the master agreements
Actively participate in internal and industry working group calls and global calls
Assist with monitoring and implementing documentation changes arising from ongoing local and global regulatory developments (such as Margin for Uncleared Swaps)
Take the lead on various project driven initiatives both locally and regionally
Participate in master agreement related ad hoc issues
Qualified lawyer and/or holder of law degree
- Minimum 3 years solid experience in ISDA documentation and associated derivatives documentation
- Good understanding of global and local regulatory changes in the derivatives area
- Mandatory language skills (written and spoken): English and Mandarin (both traditional and simplified Chinese reading and drafting skills)
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and organizational skills
- High integrity and a good team player
- Able to work under pressure and manage internal and external client expectations
- Solid quantitative skills and strong interest in business, economics and law. Willingness and ability to provide quality service to internal and external clients and to promote and enhance the JPMorgan franchise.
- Proficiency and interest in technology and systems development.
- Organized, pro-active, ability to handle multiple priority matters simultaneously and work efficiently within tight timeframes, detail-oriented and self-sufficient.
- Experience working in a fast paced trading room environment an advantage
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction.