Human Resources, APAC Head of Employee Relations, Executive Director - Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Chater House / 03761
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The Head of Employee Relations for Asia Pacific coordinates and directs all employee relations activities in the region and reports to the Global Head of Employee Relations based in the firm’s New York-based, US Corporate Offices. This position provides corporate oversight for planning, development and management of employee relations activities and oversees a team of regional ER professionals who provide support on regionally-based ER matters to local and global HR colleagues, managers and employees.
Key Responsibilities include the following:
Manage a team of ER professionals (staff, advisors and case managers) across APAC to ensure consistency and credibility of the ER function, including around activities such as workplace investigations, disciplinary recommendations, handling of employee grievances, policy interpretation, and other advice and counsel matters; integrate new joiners and provide development to all members of the team.
Proactively engage and/or partner as appropriate with risk and control colleagues to ensure ER matters consider a broad perspective and achieve the right outcome for all parties involved.
Provide relevant LOB and geographic ER metrics, trends, corporate precedents and data analysis; proactively offer recommendations and ER strategies to clients.
Handle highly sensitive or complex matters escalated by members of the HROC (including the Head of HR APAC), the Global Head of ER, Regional HRBPs and HR Country Heads & LOB Managers, as well as other appropriate sources.
Consult on large scale and/or sensitive RIF cases and negotiated departures.
Consult on mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, RFPs, near and off-shoring activities, and other types of outsourcing projects affecting the region.
Provide advice and guidance to HR/LOB managers on organized labor and other employee forum type matters.
Work with HR and Legal colleagues to ensure HR policies remain compliant with all HR-related legislation across the region and globally
Create and deliver directly (or in partnership with HR or ER colleagues) educational ER products (e.g. Employment Law updates, ER Case Management Training, Workplace Investigation Training, etc.) to HR and LOB audiences.
Work with partners (HR, Risk and Control Partners, Global ER) to identify other opportunities that strengthen the ER framework and structure within the APAC region (i.e. ER model reviews, harmonization of policies, etc).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Law, or related field
- Over 10 years' experience in an employment law or employee relations role
- Strong knowledge of Asia Pacific employment law and the labor relations landscape of the region
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills to identify issues and trends
- Results oriented; ability to drive change – Change leader
- Experience consulting senior management
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions
- Experience managing, leading and developing a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in an Asian language a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing and problem solving skills
- Thinks globally, execute regionally
- Experience working in the financial services industry would be a plus
- Asset Allocation
- Employee Relations
- Team Management