Global Investment Management, Product Development, Associate, Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Chater House / 03761
Asset Management, Product Development Associate
JPMorgan Asset Management ("JPMAM") provides investment management products and services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. It offers the full spectrum of investment strategies - from equity, cash management, fixed income, currency and asset allocation to alternative asset classes such as private equity, real estate and hedge funds.
The firm established its presence in Asia over 40 years ago and has a strong reputation for product innovation and product expertise in the region. By offering consistently excellent investment management, a comprehensive range of products and the highest quality of client services, it is our aim to be the world’s most respected investment management company.
The Product Development team forms part of JPMorgan Investment Management business. The team is responsible for the design, development and management of JPMorgan funds to enhance market position. In addition, the team coordinates and manages different business/product related projects primarily in Asia.
Currently, we are seeking an experienced product development professional to join and work with our team in Hong Kong, focusing on Hong Kong products and Mainland-Hong Kong Mutual Recognition of Funds (“MRF”).
Main responsibilities and duties include:
Drafting local offering documents for Hong Kong Unit Trusts, Luxembourg SICAVs and MRF funds, liaising with internal parties, external legal counsel and regulatory authorities, in respect of new fund registrations and product management matters.
Developing a strong and effective partnership with the local business and sales team, with an aim for understanding market needs and meeting commercial objectives in a timely manner.
Driving and managing local product development initiatives, liaising with key stakeholders, both local and regional internal parties, and external legal counsel.
Adopting regional “best practices” and adhering to applicable governance processes for all product development initiatives.
Operating as a subject matter expert on new products, changes to existing products or newly introduced product features, to support local and regional sales and marketing efforts.
Keeping abreast of local regulatory and industry developments and upcoming changes to global product ranges that may impact the local fund range.
Supporting/assisting the regional Product Development team in identifying product gaps and opportunities, capitalizing on market and regulatory developments and trends and reviewing the commercial viability of the local product range.
Preparing for and presenting new product initiatives at local and regional product committees and, if required, also at global committees.
- 3-5 years of relevant product development experience within the Hong Kong funds industry.
- Degree in finance/law/economics, ideally with relevant professional qualifications such as CFA.
- Sound working knowledge of the funds and the regulatory environment of Hong Kong, preferably also of mainland China.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to explain complex matters in a concise and meaningful way.
- Experience managing and working with geographically-distributed and functionally-diverse workgroups.
- Comfort with ambiguity and dynamically shifting priorities, timelines, and demands.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Proven ability of drafting offering documents.
- Language competency – Fluency in written and spoken Cantonese, English and Mandarin.
- CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder
- Investment Management
- Product Development
- Product Management