- Fixed Income
- Investment Management
Global Investment Management, GMC Team, Investment Guideline Specialist, Associate, Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Mongkok-Grand Century Place / 01311
Investment Guideline Specialist, Guideline Management Control Team, Hong Kong
As an Investment Guideline Specialist in the Guideline Management Control (“GMC”) team in Hong Kong, you will be part of a global team of professionals operating in locations across the US, EMEA and ASIA ensuring adherence and compliance with investment directives.
The Hong Kong GMC Team reports regionally up to the Asia CAO and is also functionally aligned to the Global Head of Guideline Management Controls based in the US.
The nature of activities performed by the GMC team mean it is closely engaged with Fund Managers, Trading Teams, Risk & Control, Compliance Officers and, Global Operations Groups.
The GMC team supports all of J.P. Morgan Investment Management’s multi asset class capability.
The person will assume a hands-on role within the GMC Group’s activities and work closely with the rest of the team and senior management to help problem solve, identify opportunities for improvement and drive strategic direction.
Key responsibilities include:
Guideline Management Control
Assist Guideline Management team in Hong Kong performing day-to-day activities
Work closely with the Fund Managers and Traders to provide daily support for their ongoing business requirements
Working with colleagues from Oversight & Control, Risk and Compliance to ensure sound controls are in place and are followed accordingly
Work closely with the GMC Projects team providing SME support to help drive initiatives within global strategic roadmap
Analysis & Problem Solving
Supporting and conducting clear analysis, logical structuring, and creative problem solving on critical issues
Proactively identifying and addressing risks and opportunities relating to GMC as a whole or specific projects
Communication & Relationships
Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Communicating recommendations to impacted stakeholders
Escalating critical issues with a focus on resolution
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who are able to demonstrate a good understanding of Investment Compliance within financial services.
Key qualifications include:
- A strong track-record working in the financial services industry, the successful candidate will preferably have strong knowledge of equity, fixed income and derivatives products and, currency markets gained from experience in investment management or custody businesses
- University graduate and/ or CFA
- Effective organization, prioritization and time management skills, able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to breakdown complex initiatives into manageable tasks, prioritize and execute accordingly
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Exemplary communication skills both written and spoken, must be able to deliver key messages to senior colleagues in a confident, straight-forward manner
- Fluency in English plus good language skills (oral and written) in Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Offer alternative perspectives to problems and recommend innovative solutions to opportunities
- Possess strong analytical skills, with great attention to detail and ability to make sound judgment
- Ability to build relationships, respecting inclusion and diversity, and interact effectively across multiple different locations
- Comfortable to perform routine tasks as required
- Able to develop strong trust-based relationships with colleagues and business partners
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|