Global Investment Management, GMC Team, Business Analyst, VP, Hong Kong (1 Year Contract)
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Mongkok-Grand Century Place / 01311
Global Investment Management, Guideline Management Control Team, Business Analyst (1 Year Contract)
JPMorgan Asset Management ("JPMAM") provides investment management products and services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. It offers the full spectrum of investment strategies - from equity, cash management, fixed income, currency and asset allocation to alternative asset classes such as private equity, real estate and hedge funds.
As a Business Analyst in the Guideline Management Control (“GMC”) team in Hong Kong, you will be part of a global team of professionals operating in locations across the US, EMEA and ASIA ensuring adherence and compliance with investment directives.
The Hong Kong Guideline Management Control (“GMC”) Team reports regionally up to the Asia CAO and is also functionally aligned to the Global Head of Guideline Management Controls based in the US.
The nature of activities performed by the GMC team mean it is closely engaged with Fund Managers, Trading Teams, Risk & Control, Compliance Officers and, Global Operations Groups. The team supports all of J.P. Morgan Investment Management’s multi asset class capability.
The candidate must have considerable Business Analyst experience: requirements analysis, specification writing, solution design, resolution of issues – and some Project Management experience.
- Managing several efforts simultaneously across a range of functions, business and organizational units
- Working with business stakeholders to help define and drive strategy and execution
- Identifying and bringing together the right resources, content experts and decision makers to meet goals
- Developing program charters, business cases, project plans, team structure, and governance models
Analysis & Problem Solving
- Supporting and conducting clear analysis, logical structuring, and creative problem solving on critical issues
- Creating and applying appropriate conceptual frameworks to push thinking and expand solution sets
- Assessing risks, costs, and benefits of alternative decisions and approaches
- Designing processes and tools that yield sustainable improvement and return on investment
- Proactively identifying and addressing risks and opportunities relating to GIM as a whole or specific projects
Communication & Relationships
- Building relationships with internal clients and external stakeholders
- Communicating recommendations and program status to impacted stakeholders
- Clearly articulating program goals to stakeholders and collaborators
- Escalating critical issues with a focus on resolution
- 2 to 5+ years of relevant experience in strategy consulting / program management
- Understanding of business and management functions in Global Investment Management and/or related financial services industries
- Experience with implementation of project management processes and methodologies in a large organization
- Experience with implementation of any investment compliance systems, e.g. Sentinel, Bloomberg AIM, Charles River.
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and dynamically shifting priorities, timelines, and demands
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven collaboration and influencing skills
- Ability to network with internal stakeholder community to foster positive and proactive collaboration
- Fluency in English plus good language skills (oral and written) in Cantonese and/or Mandarin
- Asset Allocation
- Cash Management
- Fixed Income
- Hedge Funds
- Investment Management
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Project Planning