- Asset Allocation
- Business Analytics
- Internal Audit
- Management Consulting
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
CIB Risk – APAC Risk Control/Office of Legal Obligation(OLO) Program, Asia Pacific - Associate
CIB Risk – APAC Risk Control/Office of Legal Obligation(OLO) Program, Asia Pacific - Associate – Hong Kong
JP Morgan Chase
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Firmwide Risk Function
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
APAC Risk Control Office
APAC Risk Control office is part of the APAC Chief Risk Officer (CRO) office which drives the Control agenda across Risk organization in the region, in close partnership with global risk control teams and regional teams including Risk functions, Compliance, Oversight & Control (O&C), Internal Audit, Lines of Business and other functions. One of the key responsibilities of the APAC Risk Control Office is to manage and execute the Office of legal Obligation (OLO) agenda for the APAC Risk organization.
The Office of Legal Obligation (“OLO”) program is a firm-wide, global initiative that brings together the expertise of Legal, Compliance and other key control functions, to proactively manage regulatory changes in our operations and allow us to trace end-to-end connections between laws, rules and regulations on the one hand, and our policies and procedures that demonstrate compliance on the other.
This is an exciting opportunity to join APAC CRO Office and participate in the firmwide OLO Program and other risk control initiatives. The role will support the execution of the OLO program across APAC Risk organization to ensure any relevant legal obligations (associated / impacted) are carefully managed and coordinated. In addition, the role will also cover other Risk Control related activities and projects.
The successful candidate will be an Associate with a proven track record in business analysis, project execution, risk management and/or business control function. The role will report into the APAC Risk Control team lead and work closely with the global Risk Control and OLO program team, regional OLO program team, as well as senior leaders in Risk and other functions such as Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit, and Line of Business Control teams in the region.
Key activities will include:
- Maintain strong partnerships within our risk control teams globally, risk colleagues in the region, control teams regionally to support execution of Risk control office priorities and related deliverables
- Support Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process ensuring issues and related action plans are documented, assigned, and resolved on a timely manner
- Facilitate APAC Risk Control Forum including agenda, materials and follow ups
- Proactively promote risk control awareness at all levels and across locations
- Coordinate the execution of OLO program and track that obligations are proceed through the process lifecycle to completion
- Analyze the obligations and drive engagement with relevant Risk Managers to determine ownership / impact
- Identify gaps between applicable policy requirements and current procedures/controls and driving resolution of mitigating controls
- Produce and distribute reports on Risk Control related key metrics and program status update to senior management
- Demonstrating the ability to apply a critical eye in evaluating existing processes and frameworks; ability to challenge the status quo and recommend solutions / enhancements to enhance operating models and controls
- 5+ years work experience in financial services, with 2-3 years of control & oversight, compliance, audit, management consulting, or equivalent experience; experience in risk management function(s) preferred
- Excellent project management skills and experience in managing regional deliverables on global change programs
- Able to successfully operate across locations and functions with demonstrable strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior people