- Asset Allocation
CIB - Research Part Time - HK
Location: HK-Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Chater House / 03761
About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.4 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
About J.P. Morgan Research
J.P. Morgan’s award-winning Global Research provides clients with informed views and actionable ideas on economic indicators, markets, companies, and asset classes around the world. Research is the foundation for everything we do for our clients. From up-to-the-minute original trade ideas, to longer-term thematic pieces that explain the financial markets in depth, our mission is to constantly offer new and original ways for investors to build value.
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the front office and you will partner closely with various internal parties and provide up to date, industry leading research. You will be aligned to an industry/ sector team, working closely with the analysts on analyzing data, building models and writing research reports as well as responding to client requests. You’ll be able to recognize critical data points, analytical concepts and come to a logical conclusion within the modeling/valuation process.
• Work on earnings models – both building new models and update existing models - Incorporate historical numbers and sensible logic-based projections into the models.
• Work on written research reports and presentations
• Work with analyst team on presentations
• Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
• Primary research including channel checks
• Understand share price drivers
• Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
• Entrepreneurial drive with strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Strong presentation skills – verbal and written
• Ability to take disparate pieces of information, synthesize them and articulate a compelling thesis or argument in a clear and cogent manner.
• Demonstrated creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things
• Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
• Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management
• Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
• You must be a penultimate student, graduating in 2018 to be considered
• English fluency is essential
• Mandarin fluency is essential