CIB operations – Fund Accounting Analyst – Associate – Hong Kong
Location: HK-Hong Kong-New Territories-JPMorgan Tower Shatin / 01134
Custody and Fund Services (C & FS)
Custody and Fund Services a division of JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A., is a global industry leader with $20 trillion in assets under custody. JPMorgan provides innovative custody, fund accounting and administration and securities services to the world's largest institutional investors, alternative asset managers and debt and equity issuers. JPMorgan's WSS leverages its scale and capabilities in more than 90 markets to help clients optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue through a broad range of investor services as well as securities clearance, collateral management and alternative investment services.
The fund accounting analyst will work with the fund accounting manager to provide direction & leadership in order to deliver a world class service to clients ensuring client satisfaction is achieved through the establishment of and adherence to policies and procedures as they relate to fund accounting.
- Rendering accurate and timely accounting statements in compliance with customer expectations and departmental standards
- Reviewing transactions on a daily basis to ensure conformity to established policies and procedures
- Monitoring cash and asset variances between the core systems and the accounting system on a daily basis and resolving discrepancies
- Monitoring income activity and ensuring that all overdue items are resolved
- Communicating with service partners to ensure the timely resolution of all inquiries both internally and externally
- Assisting with systems testing for any new releases or enhancements and maintaining a system of filing and account profiles to facilitate continuity at all times
- Participating in various projects as assigned
- Reviewing and controlling of the daily operation, ensuring adherence to procedures and controls and providing necessary data to senior management and clients
- Reviewing NAVs prior to release
- Reviewing key areas of daily operations in order to ensure accuracy and compliance with procedures and controls
- Reviewing all monthly reconciliation packages
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of fund records
- Ensuring the completeness and timeliness of reporting to clients, outside parties, and other internal departments
- Reviewing accounting related issues included in new fund set up, monitoring key indicators of fund status (past due income, cash balances, corporate actions, etc.) and taking prompt action to correct problems as required
- Coaching and developing new employees
Essential skills / Experience
- Fluency in English, with advanced Mandarin being preferable
- Minimum 5-10 years fund accounting experience
- Strong technical skills including accounting principles and theories
- CPA preferred but not essential
- Thorough understanding of security types and their accounting treatment
- Proven ability to establish and prepare key metrics to measure workflow capacity, system efficiency and effectiveness of controls
- Knowledge of stock market practices and data vendor systems (e.g. Bloomberg)
- Experience in dealing directly with a fund’s Custodian Bank and Investment Manager.
- Analytical with good problem-solving skills. Strong organisational skills.
- Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk
- Business process and procedure orientated.
- Committed approach with the ability to communicate effectively within a small team
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external clients
- Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts)
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with the ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
- University graduate, preferably with a major in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)
- Corporate Actions
- Fund Accounting
- Operational Risk